Clermont County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

j_5

Clermont County

Post by j_5 »

I just turned in my CHL application yesterday to Clermont County. They were pretty busy, three came in behind me to turn in applications and two renewals were in front of me. Few people coming in to pick up their CHL while I was there too. They were friendly..seemed to have the process down to a science. I was only there about 15 minutes. The clerk said they were running about 30 days, so we will see.
mreising

Re: Clermont County

Post by mreising »

Keep us informed and WELCOME to the "club".
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
bearkitty

Post by bearkitty »

Welcome!!!

I got mine in June in Clermont, and it was similarly busy the day I dropped off the app. They told me 30 days. I had it in 10. Hopefully yours will be done VERY soon.
"Awesome" is code word for CC in my house. Cuts down on the kids asking, loudly, in public, if I am in possession of anything that goes bang.
lreiner26

Post by lreiner26 »

I just submitted mine yesterday as well.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
Major General James Mattis
United States Marine Corps
j_5

Post by j_5 »

I picked it up this morning after they called. Three weeks to the day since I turned in my application, not bad.

:)
lreiner26

Post by lreiner26 »

Nice! Congrats! If that timeframe holds up for me, I should get the call on Tuesday :D
j_5

Post by j_5 »

I bet you will have it this week for sure. My license is dated the 10th, so they had it for two days before calling me.

I wonder how many permits Clermont does a year? They always seem to be busy.
lreiner26

Post by lreiner26 »

Nice.

I live in Hamilton Co and went to Clermont so I could go in right away without waiting for an appointment and could go after work. I bet a lot of other people do the same thing. When I went in though, I was the only one there. It was after 5 on a Tuesday though...

On a side note, have you done your Wally Walk yet?
j_5

Post by j_5 »

I live in Hamilton County also (Reading). I pass by the Clermont County Sheriff's office 2 or 3 times a week so I just figured I would do it there. Parking downtown is a PITA, I had to go down there a few weeks ago to pay a speeding ticket. I probably would of had to wait just as long if I went to Hamilton County or Butler County, factoring in the wait time with getting an appointment. A guy I took my training with called to get an appointment with Butler County and it was 3 weeks out.

Ha ha I have not, maybe today. I get off work in a few and have some running around to do.
joe02

Post by joe02 »

Congrats :P
lreiner26

Post by lreiner26 »

I just got the call, so a day under three weeks for mine. That included the FBI check since I lived out of state a few years back. All in all, I'm very happy with the process, very smooth and relatively quick :D
j_5

Post by j_5 »

Awesome! :lol:
Hyflyer

Post by Hyflyer »

I had my carry class on a Saturday, handed my application over to the Clermont Co sheriff on a Monday (no appointment necessary, M-F 0900-1600), and picked it up 8 days later. Zero to hero in eleven days.

The Monday morning I walked into the sheriff's office about 0850 I was number 3 for a CHL application and the clerk took all our apps about 0855. I was done and on my way by 0920. Friendly knowledgeable staff and a great experience.

Now to continue training, skill building and selecting a handgun.

Scott
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Hyflyer wrote:I had my carry class on a Saturday, handed my application over to the Clermont Co sheriff on a Monday (no appointment necessary, M-F 0900-1600), and picked it up 8 days later. Zero to hero in eleven days.

The Monday morning I walked into the sheriff's office about 0850 I was number 3 for a CHL application and the clerk took all our apps about 0855. I was done and on my way by 0920. Friendly knowledgeable staff and a great experience.

Now to continue training, skill building and selecting a handgun.

Scott
Excellent! I suggest heading to TDI for more advanced training,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
lreiner26

Post by lreiner26 »

I've heard good things about TDI. Anyone taken any of their level 2 and up handgun courses?

I'd like to take something more advanced, but I'm not sure the best place to go to get my money's worth.