best county to register for ccw

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

yankee86

Re: best county to register for ccw

Post by yankee86 »

TSiWRX wrote:Since this thread was successfully reanimated :wink: :lol: , I'll add my recent experience (March, 2016) renewing at Geauga....

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... t#p4351395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ Per Ole_grizzly's post dated May, 2015, indeed, Geauga currently does not require a passport-sized photo for RENEWALS OF LICENSES ORIGINATING in Geauga as long as you are less than 1 year past renewal date at time of renewal.

Back in mid March of this year, I also made the following post:
TSiWRX wrote:...I thought I'd let any potential Geauga applicants - renewal or new - know:

Get to the station as early as you can, particularly on Saturdays. I originally drove in last Saturday, arriving at 8:30 AM (I ran a half-hour late because I took the little one with me), the wait was then already 2+ hours. There's no TV, no free WiFi, but there's plenty of reading material for kids, a public restroom, and both a water fountain and vending machine. Not an entirely uncomfortable place to wait it out.

My daughter was actually looking forward to waiting (she loves to read, and seeing "The Little Free Library" just made her morning), but I had a back-end of 11 AM, so I chose not to stay. Before leaving, I asked the Deputy about what the wait is like during the week. She reported that it's been very, very hectic since October, and that even for weekdays, her advice was to arrive as early as possible. I again made the drive this past Tuesday - with her advice in-mind - and at 7:30 AM was the first applicant, with the next two applicants trailing me by barely 5 minutes, each. The Deputy started about 20 minutes early, and by the time I exited, there was yet another applicant out in the waiting room.

They're still as efficient, professional, and friendly as I remember them from 5 years ago, but they're popular!
I applied for renewal on March 15, and chose to have the license mailed to my home address. I had the license in-hand with my daily mail delivery on the following Tuesday, 3/22.

According to the deputy, the complexity of your background check can potentially cause a longer processing time.

Was it crowded when you went, yankee86?
No, few guys - was waiting about 30 min and 20 min in office.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: best county to register for ccw

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Thanks for filling in that blank. That's not bad at all! :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio