Clermont County - hours reduced

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BB62

Clermont County - hours reduced

Post by BB62 »

I just got off the phone with Deputy Rob Cordes of Clermont County.
He was VERY nice, helpful and willing to converse.

We were talking about other subjects, but it came up that Clermont County, which requires no appointments, has reduced its hours of accepting applications to Tuesday - Thursday, 9AM - 4PM.

The Sheriff of Clermont County (Rodenberg) is a big CCW supporter, but evidently his budget was cut, and since there are no required application hours/methods, CCW was a target for cuts. Evidently there used to be 4-5 staff/deputies on the applications, but this has been cut to two people. He said they are running about 30 days now.

It's a real shame.

BB62
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Clermont County - hours reduced

Post by TunnelRat »

BB62 wrote:Evidently there used to be 4-5 staff/deputies on the applications, but this has been cut to two people. He said they are running about 30 days now.

It's a real shame.
Yup, but still well within the 45 day issue period mandated by statute.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Yup, but still well within the 45 day issue period mandated by statute
I'm not complaining - just sad.

BB62
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
spanishropes

Hours extended again...now 5 days a week and evening hours

Post by spanishropes »

Just checked the Clermont Sheriff website... they now take applications 5 days a week, M,W,F 9-4, and Tue, Thurs 9-6:30.

My boss got his license there recently, he was able to pick it up 24 hours a day!