ohio ccw app question--please help asap--have app. 2morrow

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

greg

ohio ccw app question--please help asap--have app. 2morrow

Post by greg »

have question please help asap

pleaded no contest in florida to misdem. battery to touch or strike charge in 2002.. pleaded no contest and was given adjudication on guilt, after took class and did comm service,,was taken off of record

filling out form and ask have you even been convicted of felony or misdem. violent crime..which would be yes

but then asks ever been convicted of two or more in past 5 years..

which was no

just wondering if its worth paying app fee..some say i am eligable for ccw and some say not.....
i figured you guys would know---have appoinment at 11 am tomorrow morning so any info asap would be great
jammer03

Post by jammer03 »

Since the first and only charge was more than 5 years ago, answering YES to question #1 (which you have to to be truthfull) and answering NO to question #2 in my opinion you should not have a problem.

You may try and contact the Sherriff's office and ask them.

Joe
36 years teaching experience

NRA Certified:
Pistol
Rifle
Personal Protection In The Home
Chief Range Safety Officer
Refuse To Be A Victim
Ohio CCW Instructor, Warren, Ohio (Trumbull Co.)
OFCC member
greg

Post by greg »

i called they didnt really know anything--she was just like yes it was violent i guess but youll have to ask the lady when you come in
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

I would call the sheriff and see what they say. If they say "no," you might want to call the sheriffs of adjoining counties.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

As long as the offense was not committed against an LEO it should not prevent you from obtaining a CHL

Going on the info provided I would answer yes to #9 and no to #10 through #12 c

In order for it to be disqualifing it would need to be against an LEO or, since it is your only offense, have occured with in the past 3 years.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

I imagine the OP won't se this, maybe he will but my question is how does the system allow someone to buy a gun through an FFL holder but can deny a CCW License ?
I have asked quite a few people this question and can never get an answer, is there anyone I can call for a specific answer?
Come and get'em
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

GatorNavy wrote:I imagine the OP won't se this, maybe he will but my question is how does the system allow someone to buy a gun through an FFL holder but can deny a CCW License ?
I have asked quite a few people this question and can never get an answer, is there anyone I can call for a specific answer?
Read the law... :)

Seriously, though - the requirements for an Ohio License to Carry a Concealed Handgun are different than the limitations and restrictions on firearms purchases. For example, a simple drug offense is a serious problem for the Ohio license, but not a serious issue for an NICS check.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

jabeatty wrote:
GatorNavy wrote:I imagine the OP won't se this, maybe he will but my question is how does the system allow someone to buy a gun through an FFL holder but can deny a CCW License ?
Read the law... :)

Seriously, though - the requirements for an Ohio License to Carry a Concealed Handgun are different than the limitations and restrictions on firearms purchases. For example, a simple drug offense is a serious problem for the Ohio license, but not a serious issue for an NICS check.
Thanks
I always just figured that any conviction on any drug charge was a deal breaker on any gun ownership :?
Thanks again
Come and get'em