Anyone else having CCW renewal issues?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Suppressed223

Anyone else having CCW renewal issues?

Post by Suppressed223 »

Im not certain what is going on here,My sheriff use to be rather friendly and helpful reguarding my firearms needs He's signed several form 4 in the past with no problems. Last time I went in I got the run around for a month trying to get a signature for a silencer,I finally went around him and had the county corner sign.Now my CCW came up for renewal I went in and filled out all the required information, got new photo's, and was told it would be 2 weeks and I could stop by and pick it up.It's been over a month and still no renewal. What kind of recourse do I have here?
Anyone else having similar issues?
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

Under the law he has 45 days to issue or reject. If he doesn't do it in that time frame, nothing bad happens to him.

If, after 45 days have passed, you can go to a local judge and ask he issue a writ of mandamus to force the sheriff to issue your license.
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

A coroner can sign a Form 4? Wow. Time to put my wife into campaign mode...
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

Morne wrote:A coroner can sign a Form 4? Wow. Time to put my wife into campaign mode...

Really, I never knew a Coroner could do that, I always thought it had to be the Sheriff or another LEO in your County, or is it just the Sheriff?
Who knows what is legal and illegal in this Country anymore :?
I wonder what happened that the Sheriff clammed up all of a sudden?
Maybe a scandal in office ? doubtful BUT ya never know :D
Come and get'em
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Actually, the coroner can be more powerful than the sheriff. You ain't dead until the coroner says your dead. And it don't matter how many bullet holes are in you. If the coroner says you died of a heart attack and not of gun shots then murder may not be an issue.