How many of you waited past the 45 day deadline? How long?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sephiro

How many of you waited past the 45 day deadline? How long?

Post by sephiro »

It seems more people applying for their chl are waiting past the 45 day deadline.
No one has a duty to be a victim
WBL_2006

Post by WBL_2006 »

It seems more people applying for their chl are waiting past the 45 day deadline.
Based on?

If you are referring to renewals, it could be due to the fact that this is the first "round" of renewals and perhaps the Sheriff's offices were not quite ready for a "surge" if you will....maybe not.

WBL
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

42 days. Oct./Nov. 07 Hamilton county.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I applied for my renewal as early as the law allowed. From start to finish, the process took 54 days. I took no action, as I suffered no grievous loss. The SO employee, with whom I dealt, said there were 150 new applications and/or renewals after mine.
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

WBL_2006 wrote:
Based on?

If you are referring to renewals, it could be due to the fact that this is the first "round" of renewals and perhaps the Sheriff's offices were not quite ready for a "surge" if you will....maybe not.

WBL
Based on the feedback of those who are waiting, I'd guess. I know when my wife got hers, I had to go on an email and phone call rampage to get hers in, well past the 45 days allowed by law.

Honestly, I dont care how many renewals they have to sort through. 45 days means 45 days.
Poop!
sephiro

non renewals

Post by sephiro »

Sorry I wasn't real clear, I mean non renewals. I think my license is being used to stabilize a desk leg at the sheriffs office. I was told no matter how long it takes they will not issue me a license until they view my record. I am at 45 days now so I am just trying to get the worst case Scenario.
WBL_2006

Post by WBL_2006 »

Just curious if the OP had been tracking times or similar.

Tweed Ring kind of confirmed what I was suspecting. This first batch of renewals was a test for them I'm sure.

Hopefully the process will improve and accelerate a bit.

If only the world were black and white, that 45 days might get met....

WBL
trilateral1

Madison County very fast

Post by trilateral1 »

I renewed in Madison County. I was a week into my grace period when I dropped off the paper work around 2 pm. They called me the next day around 11am and told me I could come and pick it up. Kudos to MCSO
Buckshot

Re: non renewals

Post by Buckshot »

sephiro wrote:Sorry I wasn't real clear, I mean non renewals. I think my license is being used to stabilize a desk leg at the sheriffs office. I was told no matter how long it takes they will not issue me a license until they view my record. I am at 45 days now so I am just trying to get the worst case Scenario.
Spehiro,

Call the sheriff's office in the morning, point out to them that they have had the 45 days permitted by law to issue your license, and if you don't hear back from them in two hours you are going to the Presiding Judge of the Court of Common Pleas in your county and requesting a Writ of Mandamus within three hours!

And then DO IT!

You need to get them off the dime!

"Make em squeal!"

Buckshot
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

I have been waiting for 15 days, I was told by the Sheriffs office that it would MORE THAN LIKELY take the full 45 days.
NOW, what is 45 days, if it is 45 WORKING DAYS, then that could actually be what, 63 calendar days ?
I can't find the law or writing that says 45 days the permit WILL be issued.
does it say working or calendar days? if it says JUST 45 days then there is a technicality and that can turn it into 63 ACTUAL Days.
If this is the case then they should ADD calendar or working into the
"Issue in 45 days" sentence.
I took my class on June 7th, there were 41 people in the class, many of them were from Stark County and the class was in Northern Tuscarawas county, many of the people from Stark said they are coming to Tuscarawas county to apply because T-County takes the picture for the applicant.
I applied on June 11th and was told that there was 21 applicants on
June 9th and I was the 24th applicant on June 11th.
I get on the CCWHEN website and see that T-County usually takes the full 45 days and that Stark county averages 3 days :shock: so I should have done my homework BEFORE I applied at the T-County Sheriffs office and then if I did, I would have applied at STark County and just took my OWN Picture.
So I guess it all comes down to the 45 days being WORKING or CALENDAR days?
Is there anyone to give an ACTUAL meaning to the 45 days?
Come and get'em
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

This matter will not be high on ant elected officials' list of priorities until he is sued and loses the suit.

However, having said the above, I was heartened by the large number of renewals and new applications awaiting processing.
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

I was wondering if anyone knows the hours the Sheriff office works on these permits?
My Sheriff's office hours for CCW are Mon, Wed and Thursday and only a few hours each day, this is to submit your application and they have 1 Deputy that is the only one to work on the CCW Apps.
Does anyone know if this CCW Deputy works on these permits 5 days a week, 8 hours a day ? or does he just work on these Mon, Wed & Thurs. during the designated hours?
Also, do they just send the Applications to the FBI and wait for a reply to either issue or deny?
Why couldn't they use the instant check like they do when you buy a Firearm
They will GIVE you a firearm instantly but in essence they won't let you carry it? I really DON'T understand the logic involved with the entire process, can anyone help ?
Come and get'em
sephiro

Post by sephiro »

thanks buckshot, i will do just that tomorrow.

gatornavy, I've ben asking the same question myself. I got an answer within three minutes when i bought the gun, It seems kind of silly this part takes so much time. should be the other way around i'm thinking.
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

sephiro wrote:thanks buckshot, i will do just that tomorrow.

gatornavy, I've ben asking the same question myself. I got an answer within three minutes when i bought the gun, It seems kind of silly this part takes so much time. should be the other way around i'm thinking.
Wooaahhh there, I don't want to wait 45 days to buy a gun, I don't think there should be a waiting period for either.
I like Vermont's CCW Law, if you are 18 and have no felony convictions then you can legally carry CCW, no permit no courses no nothing, at
0001 hours on your birthday strap that baby on and go for a liberating ride or walk :D :D :D
Come and get'em
sephiro

Post by sephiro »

Wooaahhh there, I don't want to wait 45 days to buy a gun

I mean if it takes three mins to check with the feds it should be the same for the county...

I hate waiting too long for anything.. :roll: