NE Ohio, Best county to register?

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

NordicRX8

Post by NordicRX8 »

One of our members had put together a site (not sure how current it still is), that allowed Ohio users to input their wait times for their CHLs. Don't have the web link at this computer, but maybe someone else can post a link (will when I get home if not already posted).

Found it.

http://ccwhen.com/
Suppose the Second amendment said "A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed." Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? – Robert Levy

A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston
sephiro

Post by sephiro »

45 days for geauga co. the worst part was sitting there in total silence while the deputy open mouth lip smack on a snickers bar... good luck
No one has a duty to be a victim
mrbone

Post by mrbone »

Geauga has fast turn around. I've heard cases where the sheriff, if he's around, will meet you in person to answer any questions you have. He seems to like people getting CHLs, very supportive of carrying.

When I went, he wasn't there, but the deputy was nice. There was no wait to get in. They also didn't run me through the metal detector. (In contrast to Cuyahoga with its non-stop stream of people and where they run everyone through; it makes me feel like I'm part of some sort of assembly line.)
zebulonsmith

Post by zebulonsmith »

I ended up at Portage, mostly because of the convenience of it. The initial sign-up process was quick and easy. They make appointments for the initial processing. I was told I'd get a phone call in around 10 days and then asked to stop back to meet with the Sheriff to discuss new changes to the laws. Will report on how it goes.

Thanks for all of the input.
Hask12

Post by Hask12 »

Renewal in Summit County took 2 weeks. Although the Sheriff is anti CCW the people handing the whole processing seem pretty friendly and efficient.
Medina is all backed up but the Sheriff has taken steps to try to speed up the process.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Renewal in Crooked River went fine for me. After a phone call to find out the status it was ready the next day. Took 26 IIRC.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.
Scotticus
Suspended

Post by Scotticus »

Lake's reputation is to be very fair and neutral, to simply enforce the law and do their job without imposing the sheriff's own politics upon the process. And that's exactly what they're supposed to do.

The only trick for you is that Painesville is hella far away!
In my experience, people are far better at policing themselves than police are at restraint.

It's amazing how modest is the requisite measure of power to go STRAIGHT to someone's head.