Lake Co. renewal.....service with a scowl.....

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gd9704

Lake Co. renewal.....service with a scowl.....

Post by gd9704 »

I don't know if I came on a bad day, but my experience with the Lake County Sheriff's Office left a bad taste in my mouth.

I went to the Lake Co. minimum security facility and rang the intercom. I told the voice I was there to renew my concealed handgun license.

"WHAT??? We only do concealed carry permits here," was the rude reply.

"Okay, then that's what I'm here for." I say. (By the way, my "permit" says "ohio license to carry a concealed handgun.")

So I'm shuffled back to the processing area. They take my application, my $55, take my fingerprints and picture and say "Call us in a few weeks to see if you passed the background check. You can go."

Great.

I don't understand why being decent to those you're supposed to be "serving" is so difficult. It really wasn't a particularly pleasant experience.

My initial license was issued in Ashtabula County, and they were much more accomodating.
BB62

Re: Lake Co. renewal.....service with a scowl.....

Post by BB62 »

gd9704 wrote:...My initial license was issued in Ashtabula County, and they were much more accomodating.
That's why I drove across my county (Hamilton) to go to Clermont County.

Knowledgeable, friendly, no appointments required, and you can pick up your license 24/7.

Kudos to Deputy Cordes and Sheriff Rodenberg.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

gd - those kind of folks are my favorite - that is where I get my sarcasm exercise from - "Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine today!!!" - "It's been a pleasure being serviced by such an appealing civil servant such as yourself today - I can't wait to come and see you again".

99% of the people in the world are tools - sometimes the moons align and that number drops to 98%.

Welcome and good luck with those purveyors of goodness.

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

Should have went back to Ashtabula. 2 days for my wife and 7 for mine. Very,very pleasant to deal with also. A++.
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
p99

Post by p99 »

Don't get me started with lake county. I tried to do a change of address last week. I called the office, and the deputy insisted I come in, regardless of the actual requirement in the revised code that simply requires notification. I then wrote a letter to the sheriff stating that I had changed my address, and that my letter was my official notification. The county prosecutor then wrote me a letter telling me that I had to come in to change my address. I should post the letters. Lake County used to be a nice alternative to Cuyahoga...
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Forward his letter to the Ohio AG, the Ohio Governor, and send the Prostituter a letter telling him you have done so.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
MarkH

Post by MarkH »

My wife and I just renewed our permits in Lake County and our experience was good. Our original permits had been issued in Lorain County.

The deputy at the LCSO was very friendly, they have very reasonable hours and another plus - they don't require a passport photo. They take one for you with their digital camera.

In a little over a week our permits were ready to be picked up - we waited 50+ days for our original permits.

Mark
BB62

Post by BB62 »

willbird wrote:Forward his letter to the...Prostituter...
Well!

Your county must have more action than in (ex-AG) Dann's office!
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
TRR8

Post by TRR8 »

I went to Lake County for my first CCW license last fall. They were extremely pleasant and professional. The license came through fairly quickly, too. I was happy with the Lake County personnel and the process.
XDKen

Post by XDKen »

TRR8 wrote:I went to Lake County for my first CCW license last fall. They were extremely pleasant and professional. The license came through fairly quickly, too. I was happy with the Lake County personnel and the process.
+1

Pleasant, professional & got my CHL in 7 days last December.
gd9704

Post by gd9704 »

I did as I was told Wednesday (wait 2 weeks and call) and was told I could come get my "permit."

The deputy came out and traded me my old license for the renewal. It went well.

All in all, I give the process a "B."
Scavok

Post by Scavok »

gd9704 wrote:<snip>

"Okay, then that's what I'm here for." I say. (By the way, my "permit" says "ohio license to carry a concealed handgun.")

<snip>
gd9704, permit me to suggest that you should have asked, "Do you call it a "drivers license" or a "drivers permit?"" Or am I taking too much of a literary license to suggest such a thing? :wink:
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
ScottyPotty
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by ScottyPotty »

Scavok wrote:
gd9704 wrote:<snip>

<snip>
gd9704, permit me to suggest that you should have asked, "Do you call it a "drivers license" or a "drivers permit?"" Or am I taking too much of a literary license to suggest such a thing? :wink:
I tend to think the same way - read my sig line :(
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader. Samuel Adams