Renewal in Geauga Co.

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

zjitsu

Renewal in Geauga Co.

Post by zjitsu »

Sheriff's office A+ - Paper work presented on a sat., got a call for pickup on thursday and picked up on following saturday. About 20 min. for paperwork, pic., and prints, 2min for pickup.

Parking - A++
Benjamin.Altose
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Benjamin.Altose »

Geauga County is certainly great. The deputy who was doing the processing when I got mine was also very pleasant.
It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

יזכר לא עד פעם
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Didn't we have a guy from Geauga County, who said they did not even require an application? What about you guys?

Yup found it.
laserbiz
I went to Geauga County to renew my CCW, They did not ask for my application and they had a copy of my training certificate in my folder that they keep. I just gave them a picture and of course $55 and was out after being fingerprinted and photographed.
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?p=245237#245237
Benjamin.Altose
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

He writes, "they had a copy of my training certificate in my folder that they keep."

When you first apply for you CCL, they create this folder, which is made up of the application, certification, etc. When I went to pick up the license, they pull out the folder, you sign the form that you got it and then they add that page to the folder.

Since this guy says the folder was already in existence, that makes me think that he was going in for a renewal or he's just plain wrong.
It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

יזכר לא עד פעם
loup

Geauga County Renewal

Post by loup »

Yes, they didn't even want my completed renewal application. The deputy, who is retired and just does CHLs, asked me if anything was different and marked my new address on the original application.
Got a call after a few days and went to pick up my new license. I went in on a Saturday and got a call on Tuesday. I picked up the license the following Saturday. I spent a total of about 30 minutes total renewing and picking up the license. It's about a 50 minute round trip to the Geauga sheriff's office from South Euclid, but given their promptness and courtesy it was worth the drive.
sephiro

geauga

Post by sephiro »

well so far its been a month for me since i submitted my app to geauga. a friend went there a week after me and got his license already. a bunch of [deleted -- TR].. :x
rouger10

Re: geauga

Post by rouger10 »

sephiro wrote:well so far its been a month for me since i submitted my app to geauga. a friend went there a week after me and got his license already. a bunch of [deleted -- TR].. :x
Call them and see what's going on. They are usually very accomidating.

Roger
NERES

Re: geauga

Post by NERES »

sephiro wrote:well so far its been a month for me since i submitted my app to geauga. a friend went there a week after me and got his license already. a bunch of [deleted -- TR].. :x
I would also suggest calling them. I had a similar situation with Delaware Co. It turned out that the delay was in their getting a records check from another county in which I once lived. In response to my query, they resubmitted the request to the other county and two weeks later I had my license.

Be polite since the delay may be caused by things they don't control.
sephiro

Post by sephiro »

thanks for the response rouger, neres. well i finally got a call back from geauga sheriff and told me what the hold up is. when they do a background check on you, if there's any arrest and fingerprint record on file no matter what it is, the state will not tell the sheriff what the the infraction is even if its a non factor in the determination of approval for a carry permit. (in my case it's a 25 year old dui conviction)the information from the state must be mailed to the sheriff in the county of application which he said takes atleast 3 weeks to recieve. so i bet i'll make it to the 45 days before it's all said and done.
No one has a duty to be a victim
Benjamin.Altose
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Dont drink and drive.

I'm just joshing you. I knew that had to be the problem. Geauga is the best.

יזכר לא עד פעם
sephiro

Post by sephiro »

I do have to say geauga is frendly. i talked to them again today and the guy said it could take another 30 days. i said don't you have to give it to me within 45 days? he said by law he's supposed to but said he refuses to issue it to me if he does not have my record.

thanks benjamin, i guess i had to learn the hard way.
No one has a duty to be a victim
Benjamin.Altose
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

I had to learn the hard way too... more than once. But you grow out of that type of stuff. Thankfully the law is more forgiving with youth so it was never an issue for my CHL.

יזכר לא עד פעם
Sandman

Re: Renewal in Geauga Co.

Post by Sandman »

Went on Oct 11 for my renewal, this will be my 3rd renewal in geauga co, as of today I haven’t received my license, the last one I had in the mail in 3 days. They said it could take anywhere from 3 to 45 days to get it and not to call inquiring about it…not sure if I should call the or just wait it out.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Well, you aren't at 45 days yet so I'd continue waiting.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I'm not a fan of sending or trying to receive anything through the U.S.P.S. anymore. Having said that, I received mine from Geauga County in August. It took about a week.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB