43 days

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

kevyd

43 days

Post by kevyd »

Im going on my 43rd day of waiting in cuyahoga county for my license a friend of mine went one day before me and received his in 2 weeks.
Should I call em? Or will that just make it slower?
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Friday is 45 days. Call. Must issue Monday.
NordicRX8

Post by NordicRX8 »

color of law wrote:Friday is 45 days. Call. Must issue Monday.
Or the sheriff will be punished... with nothing. :roll: (except hearing of your dissatisfaction)

Shall issue within 45 days... or... NO DONUTS FOR YOU!!! (soup nazi voice)
Suppose the Second amendment said "A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed." Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? – Robert Levy

A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Should have gone to Medina. :wink: They were quick and courteous.
Scavok

Post by Scavok »

NordicRX8 wrote:
Or the sheriff will be punished... with nothing. :roll: (except hearing of your dissatisfaction)

You can go to a judge and request that he issue { whatever it's called--I don't remember the legal term } that forces the sheriff to follow the law.
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

NordicRX8 wrote:

When I tried to call, they wouldnt even connect me to the Sheriff.

So I wrote a nastygram stating my dissatisfaction with them after waiting 48 days and that my next call was to my lawyer. About 15 minutes later, some guy who was filling in for Marissa and was on vacation himself calls me from his house and tells me he will mail it out and that I will have it the next day. Well, it took 2 days, but who's counting at that point?

2 thumbsdowns for Cuyahoga County

Poop!
dan dan the XD40 man

Scavok wrote:
NordicRX8 wrote:

You can go to a judge and request that he issue { whatever it's called--I don't remember the legal term } that forces the sheriff to follow the law.

This is Kuyahoga Kounty. I dont think that just any lowly citizen can just walk in and "see a judge"

Poop!
dan dan the XD40 man

Scavok wrote:
NordicRX8 wrote:

writ of mandamus :wink:
Poop!
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:
Scavok wrote:
NordicRX8 wrote: Or the sheriff will be punished... with nothing. :roll: (except hearing of your dissatisfaction)

This is Kuyahoga Kounty. I dont think that just any lowly citizen can just walk in and "see a judge"

You call the Clerk of Courts and tell them that you need the Senior Judge (there is ALWAYS a senior one, they do things on senority too) to issue you an immediate Writ of Mandamus to force the Sheriff to follow the law.

Even if you don't get the judge, I will put money on you getting action, as when the Clerk of Courts calls the Sheriff or has the Bailiff call the Sheriff telling him that a citizen is making a request for a Writ of Mandamus to make him comply with the law.

Probably move AT LEAST as fast as your call from home from an off-duty deputy.

Buckshot
Scavok

Post by Scavok »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:<snip>

writ of mandamus :wink:
Bookmarked; thanks.
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
kevyd

Update

Post by kevyd »

I called today and asked about the status of my license I was told that an attorney was going to look at it tomorrow, HUH? I asked if there was a problem she said no.
I have had some problems in the past but nothing to deter me from my license. I'm sure they had alot to look into.Saturday will make 45 days I will call again Monday
Lthrnck

Post by Lthrnck »

It took Montgomery County 44 days 23 hours to issue mine. Then they still post dated it for two more days.

Said they were checking due to my history blowing things up... in the service.. LOL.
kevyd

Post by kevyd »

And on the 48th day it was granted!! Oh well like I said I had a few uneventful evenings in the past they had to investigate. But more that 20 years ago I was a wild child I guess. At least the wait is over! :lol:
tep0583

Post by tep0583 »

I'm on thirty days today.

I knew they were running behind, but I had expected to hear something before now. :(
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 43 days

Post by carmen fovozzo »

kevyd wrote:Im going on my 43rd day of waiting in cuyahoga county for my license a friend of mine went one day before me and received his in 2 weeks.
Should I call em? Or will that just make it slower?
I wouldn't issue you a CHL either if I thought you looked like your avatar. Just kidding. Stay Safe.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens