Medina Co. booked till 5/14

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ukraine Train

Medina Co. booked till 5/14

Post by Ukraine Train »

It's renewal time and Medina Co. is by appointment only. I called today and they're booked until May 14th. :roll: There are a couple other adjacent counties that are not by appointment but it's like an hour drive. None of them even have hours during lunch, let alone after 5PM, so I have to take off work too. I wish I could just do it by mail.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Medina Co. must be a "may issue" county.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Medina Co. booked till 5/14

Post by rickt »

Ukraine Train wrote:It's renewal time and Medina Co. is by appointment only. I called today and they're booked until May 14th. :roll: There are a couple other adjacent counties that are not by appointment but it's like an hour drive. None of them even have hours during lunch, let alone after 5PM, so I have to take off work too. I wish I could just do it by mail.
Actually, Lorain County does CHLs 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

http://www.loraincountysheriff.com/conceal_release.htm

I'm glad I beat the rush by renewing in March even though my original CHL was good until May.
Ukraine Train

Post by Ukraine Train »

Oh, I think I didn't look at Lorain because I heard their turnaround time is really long. Maybe I'll go there then.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

It is not worth the trouble to wait till the last month to save looseing some of the original License time. That is starting to become clear. Folks were warned not to put the Renewal off.
bluez4u

Post by bluez4u »

Do NOT go to Cuyahoga County.
Ukraine Train

Post by Ukraine Train »

Yeah, it's my fault for putting it off. I thought about it a few months ago but then forgot till this weekend, four days before it expires heh
3 gun

Post by 3 gun »

I wouldn't pass up Cuyahoga if you can get in. Friend just got his first permit in 23 days counting mail service. Not blinding speed but faster than waiting till May 14 to get the ball rolling. I would expect renewals to go faster but don't know if that's true.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Stark County was quick. Turned in my application on a Thursday morning and the following Wednesday it was ready. Went over on Friday and picked it up. It took about 15 minutes of my time.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Ukraine Train wrote:Oh, I think I didn't look at Lorain because I heard their turnaround time is really long. Maybe I'll go there then.
My renewal in March was nine days from drop off to pick up.
OHIOSTEVE

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

I have put mine off too long also...which adjacent county to shelby would be the best one? I do NOT want to go here again with the hoops they have set up.
cromanos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by cromanos »

bluez4u wrote:Do NOT go to Cuyahoga County.
maybe that's why Medina is booked.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

I just called today under the Train's advisement - the 15th of May it is.
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Ukraine Train

Post by Ukraine Train »

Well, I tried Lorain today on my lunch break. They told me it would be a two hour wait. :roll: They said half their permits went to Cuyahoga residents and they're just overwhelmed right now. Fair enough I guess... I might try leaving work a little early to get in before 6PM today. It would be nice if they had Saturday hours.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

I got the first one in Lorain and I'm really thinking of going to King McFaul in Cuyahoga since he handed out like three licenses initially.

Even though the AG website recommends going to your original issuing county I may still try Crooked River.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.