Applied for Renewal at Greene County Today

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

EE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Applied for Renewal at Greene County Today

Post by EE »

After I got some quarters for parking (I forgot about the metered parking accepting only quarters) everything started out OK. I thought I had everything I needed: filled out application, copy of training certificate, cashier's check for $55.00 made out to Greene County Sheriff's Office (no cash, no personal checks -- money order or cashier's check only) and current CHL. What I didn't bring was my passport (I don't have one), my social security card (I don't carry it with me), or my birth certificate.

So I went back home to Beavercreek and brought back my birth certificate. In addition I had to show my driver's license. My fingerprinting went OK this time. I usually have a hard time with fingerprint scanners, but I had been using hand lotion and they had a new scanner. I don't know which was responsible for the successful scan.

The lady said they have been having a wait time of about 30 days for the licenses. I hope it is not much longer than that so my current license doesn't expire before my new one is ready.

EE
Member: OFCC, NRA (lifetime), USCCA, JPFO
"The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20."
- Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb)
jabeatty

Re: Applied for Renewal at Greene County Today

Post by jabeatty »

EE wrote:After I got some quarters for parking (I forgot about the metered parking accepting only quarters) everything started out OK. I thought I had everything I needed: filled out application, copy of training certificate, cashier's check for $55.00 made out to Greene County Sheriff's Office (no cash, no personal checks -- money order or cashier's check only) and current CHL. What I didn't bring was my passport (I don't have one), my social security card (I don't carry it with me), or my birth certificate.
What's the deal with the birth certificate? It's certainly not a requirement that can be found anywhere in the law...
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Hey, the Sheriff is allowed to make the rules! :x :?
It seems that every County is just a litle differant and not by the book either.
I believe there was another fellow today that reported said the Sheriff did not ask for the 2x2 picture or the training certificate on his Renewal.
mreising

Post by mreising »

No requirement for birth certificate, passport or social security card. In fact, you can refuse to put the ssn on the application, although it may delay the processing (kind of like a 4473).

Editted to correct minor grammar
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
standerson

Post by standerson »

Check the expiration date when you get it.

A friend of mine got his renewal in Greene County last week.

Expiration date was 2018. Ooops.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Check the expiration date when you get it.

A friend of mine got his renewal in Greene County last week.

Expiration date was 2018. Ooops.
Talk about getting the most bang for your buck!!
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;