CHL Renewal Reports

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

GatorNavy wrote:I have lived in Ohio all my Life, except in Jan 1981- Nov 1984 when I was in the Military, so that is no Problem :D

Now I have a question on the Photo, what is the Photo For ? I mean what is the Purpose of me taking my OWN Photo, printing it out, and then cutting it down to size, I mean what does the Sheriff's Office do with this Photo ?
And how do you get this Photo at Wal-Mart ? do you go into the Service Counter and tell them that you need a Passport Photo ?
Doe's the Sheriff's Office use the "Self Supplied" Photo on your CCW Permit ?
Thank You
Bob
The photo is attached to your application and becomes part of the file. The application and photo are the only things that the Sheriff maintains as a record.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

The photo you bring in is kind of pointless, all they do is attach it to your application and put it in your file. They take a digital photo for the license.
You are way to concerned about the photo.
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

Cruiser wrote:The photo you bring in is kind of pointless, all they do is attach it to your application and put it in your file. They take a digital photo for the license.
You are way to concerned about the photo.

I was trying to find out the Purpose of the Photo
And I also saw a Post where a Gentleman said he had to get his Passport Photo, so I was trying to find out if it had to be a certain Photo taken at a certain Place, That is ALL
Gator
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Friend of mine reported in on his renewal experience in Clark Co. They told him it would be at least three weeks, but he got the call to come pick up the license in three days. Also of interest, they didn't ask him to turn in his "old" license when they handed him the new one!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Friend of mine reported in on his renewal experience in Clark Co. They told him it would be at least three weeks, but he got the call to come pick up the license in three days. Also of interest, they didn't ask him to turn in his "old" license when they handed him the new one!
This past Thursday, March 13, I went to Warren County to renew. This morning, March 17, they called me at 8:30 to let me know it was ready.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
eagle45
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Warren County

Post by eagle45 »

Another Warren County Renewal:

I had an appointment on Thursday, 3/13 at 3:30 for my renewal. I got a call this morning, 3/17, at 9 AM that it was ready. Less than 4 days. Once again, Glenda was very professional, helpful and courteous. Picked it up at lunchtime.

Mine was a little more complicated because I used to be a resident of Montgomery County and originally applied in Preble County. Preble is adjacent to Montgomery but not adjacent to Warren. Ended up not being a problem at all.

Side note - while I was there for my original appointment, I saw 5 others come in to pick theirs up. Was told they were all new ones too.
"Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks.” Thomas Jefferson.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Warren County

Post by schmieg »

eagle45 wrote:Another Warren County Renewal:

I had an appointment on Thursday, 3/13 at 3:30 for my renewal. I got a call this morning, 3/17, at 9 AM that it was ready. Less than 4 days. Once again, Glenda was very professional, helpful and courteous. Picked it up at lunchtime.

Mine was a little more complicated because I used to be a resident of Montgomery County and originally applied in Preble County. Preble is adjacent to Montgomery but not adjacent to Warren. Ended up not being a problem at all.

Side note - while I was there for my original appointment, I saw 5 others come in to pick theirs up. Was told they were all new ones too.
We must have just missed each other. I got there about 1:00 to pick up mine.
-- Mike

eagle45
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by eagle45 »

schmieg - I actually took an early lunch today to beat the crowd. I was there about 11:30 AM, I don't think I was even in the building two minutes, just walked right up to the window and got it, checked it for errors and left.
"Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks.” Thomas Jefferson.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

eagle45 wrote:
schmieg - I actually took an early lunch today to beat the crowd. I was there about 11:30 AM, I don't think I was even in the building two minutes, just walked right up to the window and got it, checked it for errors and left.
My experience was the same. I was surprised that she didn't take the old license, but I guess they figure it's pretty close to expired on its face and my face is rather distinctive.
-- Mike

eagle45
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by eagle45 »

I was surprised that she didn't take the old license, but I guess they figure it's pretty close to expired on its face and my face is rather distinctive.
The lady I spoke with did not ask for my old one. I asked her if she wanted it and she said yes and took it then.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

eagle45 wrote:
I was surprised that she didn't take the old license, but I guess they figure it's pretty close to expired on its face and my face is rather distinctive.
The lady I spoke with did not ask for my old one. I asked her if she wanted it and she said yes and took it then.
I'll put mine in my safe and keep it for posterity. It is a low number in Clermont County.
-- Mike

jeffkirchner
Deceased
Deceased

Post by jeffkirchner »

eagle45 wrote:The lady I spoke with did not ask for my old one. I asked her if she wanted it and she said yes and took it then.
I just picked up my renewal. After I verified the information on it, I put it back on the counter and the CHL lady mistakenly picked it up, thinking it was my old one. I asked her if she wanted my old one. She said no. She just picked it up because "a lot of renewals leave there old ones."
The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Rami

Post by Rami »

Athens County: 14 days. They did ask for my old license and kept it. I was asked to check it over to see if the information on it was correct. I only checked the front and said it was fine. When I got home I looked at the back and saw they had checked "Original" instead of "Renewal". I don't see where that matters much so I'll let it go. The current Sheriff was defeated in the primary election, he has been very pro CCW. I don't know anything about the two who will face off in the November election but I'll be finding out before election time.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Rami wrote:Athens County: 14 days. They did ask for my old license and kept it. I was asked to check it over to see if the information on it was correct. I only checked the front and said it was fine. When I got home I looked at the back and saw they had checked "Original" instead of "Renewal". I don't see where that matters much so I'll let it go. The current Sheriff was defeated in the primary election, he has been very pro CCW. I don't know anything about the two who will face off in the November election but I'll be finding out before election time.
Is the ID number the same as the original? Renewals are supposed to retain your original number.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Clermont Co. SO left a message on my cell phone 3/17, late afternoon, saying that my license was ready. Thirteen days. They also reminded me to bring along my current license to turn in when getting the renewal.

My dad reapplied same day I did, no word on his yet. Would rather wait so we can go out together and save some fuel $$.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.