renewal cuyahoga county

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

renewal cuyahoga county

Post by steves 50de »

Dose renewal have to be with in 90 day of expiration. :?: or can it be outside the 90 days.
Black Rifles Matter
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: renewal cuyahoga county

Post by JustaShooter »

There is no time limit on renewals - you can renew at any time before or after expiration now.
From ORC 2923.125 Application and licensing process.
(F)
(1)
(a) Except as provided in division (F)(1)(b) of this section, a licensee who wishes to renew a concealed handgun license issued under this section may do so at any time before the expiration date of the license or at any time after the expiration date of the license
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

JustaShooter wrote:There is no time limit on renewals - you can renew at any time before or after expiration now.
From ORC 2923.125 Application and licensing process.
(F)
(1)
(a) Except as provided in division (F)(1)(b) of this section, a licensee who wishes to renew a concealed handgun license issued under this section may do so at any time before the expiration date of the license or at any time after the expiration date of the license
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank for the info. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Last two times I renewed early, they shortchanged me in the five years, by about three weeks. That is the Clermont County Sheriff's "interpretation" of how it's supposed to work.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Brian D. wrote:Last two times I renewed early, they shortchanged me in the five years, by about three weeks. That is the Clermont County Sheriff's "interpretation" of how it's supposed to work.
Your license will expire on the date it was processed, not on the date of the last license expatriation date. I waited until I was in the 30 grace period the last time I renewed.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

djmac1964 wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Last two times I renewed early, they shortchanged me in the five years, by about three weeks. That is the Clermont County Sheriff's "interpretation" of how it's supposed to work.
Your license will expire on the date it was processed, not on the date of the last license expatriation date. I waited until I was in the 30 grace period the last time I renewed.
But that's stupid and a ripoff. I pay for five years it should be five years. The state doesn't short me on my every four year renewal of my driver's license, or annual plates, they're based on my birthday.

Columbus can understand a calendar but county seats can't?

Guess I could challenge it in court and get a favorable ruling from the Ohio Supreme Court after I'm dead.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Brian D. wrote:
djmac1964 wrote:
But that's stupid and a ripoff. I pay for five years it should be five years. The state doesn't short me on my every four year renewal of my driver's license, or annual plates, they're based on my birthday.

Guess I could challenge it in court and get a favorable ruling from the Ohio Supreme Court after I'm dead.
Like I said, let it go into the grace. That way you get 5 years, and an extra week or two. :wink:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Brian D. wrote:
djmac1964 wrote:

Then if you want to go that way they will need it to expire on a set date. Say your Birthday. So if your birthday is in March, and you get it in December, you get 4.25 years.

You have to remember that for it to be a NICS compliant license, it can't be valid longer than 5 years. Yes, one could say just don't accept it after the 5 year date, but....I'm not one to reason with as I dislike the grace period and think that should go. Expire means expire. Not expires in 30 days from now. Of course, I think it's stupid that passports are good for 10 years but they tell you not to use them the last 6 months because certain countries may not take them that close to expiration.

Last I checked, expire means expire, dead, no more, end of usage. We aren't talking a carton of milk here. LOL
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

steves 50de wrote:Dose renewal have to be with in 90 day of expiration. :?: or can it be outside the 90 days.
Don't go to Cuyahoga you big dummy.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

pirateguy191 wrote:
steves 50de wrote:Dose renewal have to be with in 90 day of expiration. :?: or can it be outside the 90 days.
Why are you so mean :lol: don't get as mean as Carmen is :P
Black Rifles Matter
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

pirateguy191 wrote:
Only 24 days,.... better than the 45 plus last time. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

steves 50de wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:
Only 24 days,.... better than the 45 plus last time. :lol:
You could walk from Cuyahoga county to Geauga county, get your license, and walk back home in less time than 24 days.
3 gun

Post by 3 gun »

Lucked into a date before I got into a grace period. Only took about 7min to handle the paperwork. Even if it takes a full 45 days I still won't need this...

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/hb-614- ... ne-30-2021" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .. if it gets signed. I'm betting it does
An unloaded pistol is a paperweight. Opportunity knocks..Trouble kicks down the door.
Change you can believe in..Pre-65 US silver coins
NRA Certified RSO and Instructor in rifle, pistol and shotgun.
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

Instead of going to an adjacent county I decided to try Cuyahoga today for this renewal. I used my DD-214 so even if they do poorly at least I didn't pay them any money. A friend of mine did his this past year and had his new license in five days. I'll see how mine turns out.
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

pk47 wrote:Instead of going to an adjacent county I decided to try Cuyahoga today for this renewal. I used my DD-214 so even if they do poorly at least I didn't pay them any money. A friend of mine did his this past year and had his new license in five days. I'll see how mine turns out.
License arrived today - 15 calendar days. Not terrible, but certainly not quick.