Address Change past 45 days

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

autopoint747

Address Change past 45 days

Post by autopoint747 »

My title is my question. I live in Summit County and moved last August to a new location still in Summit county and just recently was cleaning out my wallet when I saw my permit. It dawned on me that I didn't update it. I haven't carried in over 2 years I just like having the option to if I feel the need. The permit is valid for several my years. Am I facing any penalty here for being so delayed in not notifying my sheriffs office? I haven't contacted them yet about it I just wasn't sure if anyone else had forgotten to change there address as well within the 45 day period and had any issues? Thanks.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Address Change past 45 days

Post by JustaShooter »

There is no penalty in the law for failing to notify the issuing sheriff of an address change. I suppose they could harass you when you go to renew it.

In any case, I'd go ahead and notify them of the change in address, just not tell them you are late in doing so.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
autopoint747

Re: Address Change past 45 days

Post by autopoint747 »

Thanks for the info