Clermont County Sheriff encourages fair to **violate law**

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
BB62

Re: Clermont County Sheriff encourages fair to **violate law

Post by BB62 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Gramps wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I have Wednesday off if you need me to go get arrested.

ETA: I don't bluff.
MWSY You are one heck of an asset to OFCC! Thank you!
Thanks, Gramps. Unfortunately, I had to work AND was sick the last couple days.

When I saw Knox county was also having an issue, I was kind of looking forward to a twofer.
The indications are that the matter is going to be resolved tomorrow. I will be visiting the Fairgrounds armed with two sidearms.

I don't know if I'll be able to post all the details, but essentially maxnobknee and I did the incursion, I did the wave after wave of legal assault, and Ohio Gun Owners brought in air power.

I'll also eventually post the remainder of the communications for enlightenment and use with other scofflaws.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

The OGO post/ request for action is here if anyone is so inclined and was not on their email..
https://www.ohiogunowners.org/action-al ... elp-today/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
BB62

Post by BB62 »

:D :D THE SIGNS ARE DOWN ! :D :D

Once again, my deep appreciation to maxnobknee, who jointly participated in the initial visit with me last Sunday, and to Chris Dorr, Executive Director of Ohio Gun Owners, who not only put out an alert (which resulted in over 400 emails being received - THANK YOU FELLOW GUN OWNERS!), but also drove down to the Fair today in order to witness and video the sign removal.

What a GREAT day!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Watch the sign removal video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCGkRvxdhSU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will post the remainder of the communications I had with various parties as soon as I can get them sorted out, as well as some additional comments.

Now I'm going to rest!
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

Congrats! Well done.

I saw in the photos they have another sign that says "No patches or colors allowed on premises" - to what does that refer? I can't have a jacket or a hat with a patch on it??
BB62

Post by BB62 »

pk47 wrote:Congrats! Well done.

I saw in the photos they have another sign that says "No patches or colors allowed on premises" - to what does that refer? I can't have a jacket or a hat with a patch on it??
They apparently have trouble with motorcycle gang members at non-Fair times, some open carrying.

I mentioned (in a P.S.) that it probably wouldn't withstand a First Amendment challenge, but I've got enough RKBA battles to fight, so unless the two subjects intersect more deeply, I've done my part by mentioning it. Reality is reality. :cry:

You know, one has to avoid having one's wife terminate his existence because one spends too much time on gun matters! :wink:

Got Freedom?

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

pk47 wrote:Congrats! Well done.

BB-62 obviously gave you the fair board's "reasoning" behind that sign, and I think he's quite correct about the Constitutional issues that it raises. Something that vague is indeed troubling. The Dickies brand work shirt I'm wearing right now has their label sewn on the front. And today's ballcap is from Glock, with a sewn on patch featuring their logo. Guess these would keep me out of the fair, huh?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

And of course, congratulations to BB-62, maxknobknee, Chris Dorr/OCO, and everyone else who helped with this.

I've long had a weak spot when it comes to stating the obvious, sorry about forgetting to give kudos in the previous post.

********************************************************************************
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Can someone explain to me why that video is swapped left to right?
All the signs are backwards.
The man removing the sign seems to have his watch on his right hand and appeared to use his left hand to cut it loose.

FANTASTIC JOB! BTW
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

AlanM wrote:Can someone explain to me why that video is swapped left to right?
The man removing the sign seems to have his watch on his right hand and appeared to use his left hand to cut it loose.

FANTASTIC JOB! BTW
I'm not a smartphone expert, but I belive It has something to do with the video settings (for instance, I believe selfies are left/right reversed).

It can really be annoying!

And thank you, sir.

Got Freedom?

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

BB62 wrote::D :D THE SIGNS ARE DOWN ! :D :D

Once again, my deep appreciation to maxnobknee, who jointly participated in the initial visit with me last Sunday, and to Chris Dorr, Executive Director of Ohio Gun Owners, who not only put out an alert (which resulted in over 400 emails being received - THANK YOU FELLOW GUN OWNERS!), but also drove down to the Fair today in order to witness and video the sign removal.

What a GREAT day!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Watch the sign removal video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCGkRvxdhSU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will post the remainder of the communications I had with various parties as soon as I can get them sorted out, as well as some additional comments.

Now I'm going to rest!
Congratulations! Good job!

Regarding the other sign, I have a relative that has a dog named Patches. So does that mean I take her in on a lease? :roll:
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Bet Mr Schmidt couldn't wait for the day to be over.

Having to cut that sign off of the fence that they probably just put up was priceless.

The sheriff should of been made to stand there with him while he did it.

Good job to all involved !
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

AlanM wrote:Can someone explain to me why that video is swapped left to right?

FANTASTIC JOB! BTW
As I told BB62 yesterday, darn glad the AUDIO portion isn't backwards! :lol:

Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:Bet Mr Schmidt couldn't wait for the day to be over.

Having to cut that sign off of the fence that they probably just put up was priceless.

Who puts metal signs up with Zip Ties! :lol:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
docachna

Post by docachna »

BB62 wrote::D :D THE SIGNS ARE DOWN ! :D :D

Now I'm going to rest!
Wow...WELL DONE !!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Cruiser wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:Bet Mr Schmidt couldn't wait for the day to be over.

Who puts metal signs up with Zip Ties! :lol:
Seems to indicate that they didn't intend for the ban to be permanent.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand