Clermont County Sheriff encourages fair to **violate law**

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
BB62

Re: Clermont County Sheriff encourages fair to **violate law

Post by BB62 »

My response to Mr. Schmid, at 6:30 PM on Thursday, July 25, 2019:

Paul,

I’m at a loss to understand why you STILL don’t yet understand that I know the relevant law for this and many other situations upside down, sideways, and backwards - even in my sleep. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t undertake such activism.

I’m NOT challenging any law here, I am and have been challenging Fair POLICY since the beginning, when you were still insisting (either at the suggestion of the Sheriff’s department, someone else, or of your own/the Ag. Society’s initiative) that the Fairgrounds were private property. I do hope you’ve finally gotten over that view, but if not, I’m not wasting any more time on it. You’re wrong - period.

There is no law against carrying a concealed handgun(s) on the grounds of the fairgrounds as long as one has a CHL, and a legal possessor of firearms can carry such firearm(s) openly, even in state or local government buildings (with very specific exceptions). I’ve cited the relevant law previously.

If anyone in law enforcement wants to take issue with any part of my interpretation of the law relevant to me open carrying a sidearm(s) while entering the Fair, walking around, and entering state or local buildings at the Fair, now is the time to say so.

Otherwise, I will have nothing more to say on the subject - other than to say you’re making/continuing to make a mountain out of a molehill. THE HORSE IS DEAD.

I appreciate your concerns for mine and others well being, but they are completely unfounded, as this is far from my first rodeo.

I’ll see you tomorrow at approximately 11:30, hopefully at the entrance I’ve previously described.

Cordially,

BB62
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
BB62

The end (kind of)

Post by BB62 »

Mr. Schmid's response to me, the last one received before going to the Fair the next day:

Mr. Smith:

The saddest county fair ever: a dead horse, under a molehill, at its first rodeo.

I know that we all appreciate knowing that you are predictable, on foot, entering at the Western Avenue gate, and not planning to enter the buildings housing our federal tenants. Thank you for that information.

See you tomorrow around 11:30.

Very Cordially,
Paul Schmid, Gates Committee Chairman, CCAS
Paul A. Schmid, Esq.
attorney & counselor at law
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

BB62

THOUGHTS

Post by BB62 »

I had never gone after County Fair before, and certainly not one where my counterpart was an attorney who believed and STILL BELIEVES (because of what the County Prosecutor told him) that if challenged, the Fair had a 70% chance of being ruled as private property by a presiding judge.

This was a huge learning opportunity, and clearly there remain problems - as a number of people posted "There are still signs posted at xyz County" on OGO's Facscistbook page in the aftermath of this 'victory'.

Clearly it's not over in Clermont County or elsewhere, as this game of "whack a mole" continues, and it won't be over until Ohio gets preemption with REAL teeth.

Got Freedom?

dademoss

Post by dademoss »

Thank you for your work!
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »