Lucas Co. Training Center

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Jag1813

Lucas Co. Training Center

Post by Jag1813 »

The building is at 2121 Jefferson in Toledo. It is owned by the Lucas County Board of Commissioners. They have a sign on a post near the entrance stating that no weapons are permitted on the premises. I know the building itself is off limits since there is a county employee that is present during business hours. My question is if the sign is saying that the parking lot is posted and if that conflicts with ORC 9.68?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
- G. K. Chesterton

XD .45 compact
Beretta 92D Centurion
CMMG AR15 5.56
Mossberg 500 12 ga
Ruger 10/22
Marlin Model 80
Stevens Model 258A
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Lucas Co. Training Center

Post by charben »

Jag1813 wrote:The building is at 2121 Jefferson in Toledo. It is owned by the Lucas County Board of Commissioners. They have a sign on a post near the entrance stating that no weapons are permitted on the premises. I know the building itself is off limits since there is a county employee that is present during business hours. My question is if the sign is saying that the parking lot is posted and if that conflicts with ORC 9.68?
Is the sign at the entrance to the parking lot or the building?

Either way, they cannot prohibit firearms in the parking lot.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
Jag1813

Post by Jag1813 »

The sign is about 6' from the entrance, mounted on a post. It is situated so that it faces away from the driveway entrance. You only see it once you have already parked and walked to the door.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
- G. K. Chesterton

XD .45 compact
Beretta 92D Centurion
CMMG AR15 5.56
Mossberg 500 12 ga
Ruger 10/22
Marlin Model 80
Stevens Model 258A
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

What is it a training center for? There are a few restrictions where parking lots CAN be posted, but very very rare, I think 2-3 instances only. Off the top of my head I'm thinking BCI and Jails/correctional facility related buildings.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Jag1813

Post by Jag1813 »

It is the Lucas County EMS training center. Its kind of an odd system here, but we have 10 paramedic transport units owned and equipped by the county, but they are staffed by medics from multiple fire departments and housed in the various fire stations. So I work on a Lucas county squad, but I'm not an employee of Lucas county.
- G. K. Chesterton

XD .45 compact
Beretta 92D Centurion
CMMG AR15 5.56
Mossberg 500 12 ga
Ruger 10/22
Marlin Model 80
Stevens Model 258A