Darke County Fairgrounds - Entrances

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Darke County Fairgrounds - Entrances

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Cruiser wrote:There are a lot of buildings in fairgrounds that are not county owned. The food stands built, owned and run by the service organizations that run them. It would be my guess that these are controlled by those organizations. So I wonder how they got posted?
Those buildings may have been built by the service organizations, but I doubt they retain any ownership interest in them.

If they do, that would be interesting.

If the building is not a "government facility", it would be up to the owners to post it.

Neither the county nor the ag society could require them to post.
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

run71324 wrote:The stand alone bathroom/shower rooms are posted as well.
That's illegal and should be brought to the attention of the Agricultural Society or county.
run71324 wrote:With every building on the grounds posted, you might as well not even bother carrying.
Yep. It's a real pain in the rump, but it's the law.

Until we can get the law changed, the best we can do is make the Agricultural Society or the county take down signs that are in violation of the law.

They cannot post buildings that are primarily used as bathrooms, rest areas, shelters or parking facilities.
MyWifeSaidYes
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Cruiser wrote:There are a lot of buildings in fairgrounds that are not county owned. The food stands built, owned and run by the service organizations that run them. It would be my guess that these are controlled by those organizations. So I wonder how they got posted?
Those buildings may have been built by the service organizations, but I doubt they retain any ownership interest in them.
Want to take guess who maintains those lunch stands etc.? Cruiser

If the building is not a "government facility", it would be up to the owners to post it.

Abandon ye all HOPE!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:

Don't forget that a government owned building is not necessarily a government facility.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

schmieg wrote: Don't forget that a government owned building is not necessarily a government facility.
You are correct, sir!

R.C. 2923.126(B)(9) Any building that is a government facility of this state or a political subdivision of this state and that is not a building that is used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility and is not a courthouse or other building or structure in which a courtroom is located that is subject to division (B)(3) of this section;

R.C. 2923.1212(A)(9) The officer of this state or of a political subdivision of this state, or the officer's designee, who has charge of a building that is a government facility of this state or the political subdivision of this state, as defined in section 2923.126 of the Revised Code, and that is not a building that is used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility and is not a courthouse or other building or structure in which a courtroom is located that is subject to division (B)(3) of that section.
MyWifeSaidYes