Darke County Fairgrounds - Entrances

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Darke County Fairgrounds - Entrances

Post by JustJack »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Maybe I'll have gas money by then.

What other cities are in Darke county, and how many of those have bad firearms laws?
Of all those lovely places Cruiser listed, the only ones on either ConwayGreenCo or American Legal Publishing are Greenville and Bradford. But, low and behold, Bradford has a violation.
Bradford
143.05 General Park Rules
No firearms permitted
(Ord. 13-03. Passed 5-9-13)
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

JustJack wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Maybe I'll have gas money by then.

What other cities are in Darke county, and how many of those have bad firearms laws?
Of all those lovely places Cruiser listed, the only ones on either ConwayGreenCo or American Legal Publishing are Greenville and Bradford. But, low and behold, Bradford has a violation.
Bradford
143.05 General Park Rules
No firearms permitted
(Ord. 13-03. Passed 5-9-13)
I have sent the city of Bradford a short note. I have a buddy who lives close to Bradford. He has some groundhogs he'd like me to eliminate. My plan is attempt this next Monday evening. I'll swing by the Bradford park(s) and get pictures of any bad signs.
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Suckerspawn, can you go ahead and create a new topic in this forum so we can track Bradford?
MyWifeSaidYes
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Issue closed, for now. Just received the following from Mr. Riffle, Darke County Fair Board Pres:
Mr. Kuzawa:

We have completed our research. The signage you were concerned about has been removed.
(That was less than 2 days after I sent an e-mail asking for a status and for the address of the person on the Darke County Ag Soc for whom I could serve process on... lol)
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

BriKuz wrote:Issue closed, for now. Just received the following from Mr. Riffle, Darke County Fair Board Pres:
Mr. Kuzawa:

We have completed our research. The signage you were concerned about has been removed.
(That was less than 2 days after I sent an e-mail asking for a status and for the address of the person on the Darke County Ag Soc for whom I could serve process on... lol)
Do not be surprised if it goes back up next year..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
BriKuz wrote:Issue closed, for now. Just received the following from Mr. Riffle, Darke County Fair Board Pres:
Mr. Kuzawa:

Do not be surprised if it goes back up next year..
I went past the Fairgrounds last week and the CPZ signs are STILL DOWN.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
run71324

Post by run71324 »

Went to the fair today. Looks like the fair board just put these signs up. You can't see them from the street when you enter the grounds. They are posted on the back of the buildings at the 2 gates I looked at. Also they are on every building and bathroom entrance that I was in today.

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Okay, let's not panic.

They can post most buildings.

You mentioned the bathrooms, but are those stand-alone bathrooms, or are they simply bathrooms within a building?
MyWifeSaidYes
run71324

Post by run71324 »

We only went in the bathroom that's attached to the coliseum which you can access from both inside and outside the building.

Didn't use a standalone.

Why would the post those on the backside of the gate houses other than try to hide them from seeing them from the street?
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Because someone told an employee to hang these on every building? :roll:
Just guessing! :)
Abandon ye all HOPE!
run71324

Post by run71324 »

most likely the board members with a D behind their name.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

run71324 wrote:We only went in the bathroom that's attached to the coliseum which you can access from both inside and outside the building.

Didn't use a standalone.

Why would the post those on the backside of the gate houses other than try to hide them from seeing them from the street?
Because there are no guns allowed inside the gate house. The signs apply to the gate houses, not the fairgrounds.

(A) The following persons, boards, and entities, or designees, shall post in the following locations a sign that contains a statement in substantially the following form: "Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises.":

(9) The officer of this state or of a political subdivision of this state, or the officer's designee, who has charge of a building that is a government facility of this state or the political subdivision of this state, as defined in section 2923.126 of the Revised Code, and that is not a building that is used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility and is not a courthouse or other building or structure in which a courtroom is located that is subject to division (B)(3) of that section.
MyWifeSaidYes
run71324

Post by run71324 »

The stand alone bathroom/shower rooms are posted as well.

With every building on the grounds posted, you might as well not even bother carrying.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

There are a lot of buildings in fairgrounds that are not county owned. The food stands built, owned and run by the service organizations that run them. It would be my guess that these are controlled by those organizations. So I wonder how they got posted?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
run71324

Post by run71324 »

Probably because of the anti-gun board members like Jimmy Z.

If you read the posted sign, wouldn't every exhibitor be in violation with just carrying a pocket knife?