Fairfield County Fairgrounds "...weapon free facility"

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Fairfield County Fairgrounds "...weapon free facility"

Postby docachna » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:58 pm

Ran across a Fakebook ad today for a cruise-in at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds in Lancaster this weekend (I used to live in Lancaster). It's usually a pretty good cruise-in, if you're into that sorta thing.

Across the bottom it stated:

"THE FAIRFIELD COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS IS A DRUG, ALCOHOL AND WEAPON FREE FACILITY"

I cannot locate the thread, but I had thought this issue had been resolved with the Fair Board a number of years ago (since I'm not in OH anymore, I haven't gotten by to see any CPZ signs that might be posted). As I recall, the Fair Board had conceded that they could only prohibit carry in buildings on the property.

Anybody doing compliance that might be able to give the Fair Board a ringy-ding-ding ?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
docachna

Return to ORC 9.68 Compliance