Clark County Fair

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Faitmaker

Clark County Fair

Post by Faitmaker »

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum as it is a fair and not a city ordinance as I understand it.

It was brought to my attention by a coworker that Clark County will be having it's fair next week starting on the 24th. He said they were going to have signs up saying no firearms, but the land belongs to the county and no alcohol will be served.

Isn't this illegal under ORC 9.68?

Should we organize something?
--
Patrick
http://www.angelsfeartotread.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Clark County Fair

Post by charben »

This is a fairly common occurrence and if we organized something for every fairgrounds we've had to deal with, we'd never have time for anything else! :lol:

I'll see if I can find a contact. Or, if you have one, PM me with it.

To answer your question, if the grounds are owned by the county, then 9.68 applies and they cannot post the grounds. They can post buildings that are not restrooms or parking areas. There are some tricks that the Fair Boards have tried in order to avoid being covered by 9.68 that I will not go into on an open forum.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

OK. I just talked to Allan Hess, the Executive Director of the Clark County Agricultural Society. He assures me that the fairgrounds are NOT posted nor will they be during the fair. He is a CHL instructor and claims to be a former member of OFCC. He is very knowledgeable about the law and also tells me that the Sheriff down there is supportive.

So, this seems like a closed case. Let me know if you need anything else or see anything differently.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
Faitmaker

Post by Faitmaker »

I will talk to my co-worker again. He is setting up for the fair and said he was told them would be posted. Very interesting.

Buildings CAN be posted. The GROUNDS itself cannot be. If your friend is setting up something inside a building, then his perspective would be right.
--
Patrick
Faitmaker

Post by Faitmaker »

Ok. I talked to my co-worker today and he said it was the buildings that were posted and he was told during the setup meeting that they would not be able to carry. I think he presumed that to mean carry was not going to be allowed anywhere.
--
Patrick
Faitmaker

Post by Faitmaker »

I meant to ask.... Why is it that the buildings can be posted?
--
Patrick
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Faitmaker wrote:I meant to ask.... Why is it that the buildings can be posted?
Not meaning to be smart, but, because the law says so!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Faitmaker

Post by Faitmaker »

I found my answer elsewhere. I completely forgot that the fairgrounds are "government buildings" and the places posted are used for "official government duties".
--
Patrick
Elbob17

Post by Elbob17 »

Just to set the record straight as there seems to be a lot of vaguery on this topic, you can absolutely conceal carry at the Clark County Fairg according to the Clark County Sheriff's Department. However, you are not permitted to go into the barns. Seems odd but that's straight from the deputy's mouth who took my call.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Elbob17 wrote:Just to set the record straight as there seems to be a lot of vaguery on this topic, you can absolutely conceal carry at the Clark County Fairg according to the Clark County Sheriff's Department. However, you are not permitted to go into the barns. Seems odd but that's straight from the deputy's mouth who took my call.
It's a grey area, really, as far as the barns.imho.
Yes they CAN post, but if they don't , I'd carry.....concealed, that is.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Clark county...Clark county...hmm.

Isn't that the fair where they kicked out a guy for wearing a "F--- the police" t-shirt?

I don't think that ended/will end well for the police. Something about losing their qualified immunity? :mrgreen:

I wonder what would happen if I wore a "F--- the Fair Board" t-shirt to the fair this year? :twisted:
MyWifeSaidYes
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Nice wardrobe choice! :lol: :twisted:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George