This Reloading Is Addictive - Here is my setup 3 weeks in

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

synack2

This Reloading Is Addictive - Here is my setup 3 weeks in

Post by synack2 »

Well I first got the bench put together on March the 25th, and this is where I am at now. I truly enjoy reloading ammo more than I like shooting it!
I am searching for deals on dies and stuff and scoring them every once in a while and stocking up on stuff that I can find right now. My local range lets me take as much brass home as I want to. I have been grabbing a shopping bags worth at a time and bringing it home and sorting it and cleaning it. Even for calibers I don't reload yet. Now I just need the primers to come back in stock!

Here is all my supplies

Here is my reloading bench. Soon to have a Lees Classic Torrent press on it as well. That Lyman Powder measure is really NICE, for $60 on amazon. So much better than the plastic Lees one.

Here I am a couple of days ago at the beginning of a 1500 round 380 reloading session. I only made if 500 rounds so far LOL.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
weakhand luke

Re: This Reloading Is Addictive - Here is my setup 3 weeks i

Post by weakhand luke »

Really nice setup! Reloading is 75% of the hobby for me.

What is in the canning jars on the shelf above the tomato sauce? Looks like pork and beans.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

synack2:

I guess I'm an old-timer compared to you, but you've managed to accumulate more "stuff" than I have!

I'm old, but not that long reloading. When Zero got re-elected in 2018, and my supplies of stuff I'd bought to shoot got a little more expensive, I picked up a Dillon 610 (I think that's the number - it's downstairs, and I'm not) along with some powder and primers. I had a small pile of reload-able cases. Cleaned the cases up a bit (bought a case-cleaning machine and a sorter a bit later.)

Well, Zero was all talk and no action, but I did a pile of reloading. The Dillon went on an old desk in my old workshop (hadn't been in there for a long time) next to my basement office. Haven't been there too often in the past year, but that's another story. I need to load up some more 9mm and .45ACP soon, but once I get back on the range....

In any case, it's a hoot, and while a bit of a money pit (I really should get a furnace and some molds for bullets), it's almost saving me money :D .... (Or at least that's what I told my wife.)

Since then, not counting the case polishing hardware, I've found that having enough room or shelf space to store the seldom-used items and still be able to work around the press, or grab one of them. Dillon sells some goodies that can hold a die assembly without disassembly, but you do have to buy the powder and primer handling for one of those. I need to spend for a couple of primer things. I've not invested in the case "handler" - the part that places the fresh case onto the die set - because it's insanely expensive. Someday....

Enjoy!
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Can't find an "Edit" button on here, but I forgot....

Dillon's manual for the XL750's online as a pdf.

Worth a read even if you have no Dillon gear.

https://dilloncdn.com/manuals/dillon-xl ... nglish.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The manual for the press I have is a little vague in spots unless you look at the pictures and fiddle with the parts. I swear that the writer had assembled a dozen of them before writing it.

Again, Enjoy!
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
synack2

Post by synack2 »

weakhand luke wrote:Really nice setup! Reloading is 75% of the hobby for me.

What is in the canning jars on the shelf above the tomato sauce? Looks like pork and beans.
Just BBQ beans. They are all gone now!
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
true_pair

Post by true_pair »

Nice setup. Did you build the bench or buy and assemble it? Looks nice and sturdy
"The great object is, that every man be armed"

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788
synack2

Post by synack2 »

true_pair wrote:Nice setup. Did you build the bench or buy and assemble it? Looks nice and sturdy

It was my Father In Laws old bench. I believe it is an old carpenters clamping bench.