New lee loadmaster press after 23 years on the old one

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Luv2Camp

New lee loadmaster press after 23 years on the old one

Post by Luv2Camp »

My old lee loadmaster press was tired after 23 years of heavy use and I was plagued by primer system issues. The last batch I loaded I was averaging about 10% of my loads with upside down or crushed primers. Frustrated I started searching for a replacement press as over the last 23 years of use that was the biggest issue and frankly I was tired of dealing with it. I saw that Lee redesigned their primer set up and after looking at the prices of Dillon I decided for $280 delivered set up for one caliber I would give Lee another shot. Got my new press a few weeks ago and overall it is the same press as the old one with a few changes. No more oil fill injection site on the side of the press. Now you just wipe the ram with oil. The carrier is cast shiny metal where my old one was painted. New prImer primer flipper design. I also changed up and installed a universal decapper at station one and my sizing die with decapper removed in station 2( the priming station). This allows the case to be correctly centered in the priming station for receipt of the new primer. I am estatic to report that I have now loaded over 2000 rounds and only had one case with a primer issue. I am a fan of Lee again!
The German

Re: New lee loadmaster press after 23 years on the old one

Post by The German »

Nice! I had my Loadmaster for about 12 years now and with the new primer feeder, it feels like there is a new press... have not had a single primer flipping since the new feeder was installed...