Ammunition Accountability Act: ILLEGAL to reload ammo!

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Ammunition Accountability Act: ILLEGAL to reload ammo!

Post by evan price »

So far 11 states have enacted bills to follow this idiotic premise.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/default.asp

Basically, the way it works is this: Each bullet is serial numbered on the base. Each casing is serial numbered inside. The boxes of ammo all have the same number. When you buy ammo the lot number is recorded along with your ID. In theory you can be traced back to your crime ammo.

Of course, when this is enacted, all non-marked ammo becomes illegal contraband and must be turned in. All reloading is also illegal because there are no serial numbers.

It's not about the GUNS it's about the CONTROL... of AMMO in this case.

Ammunition Accountability is likely run by the company that makes the technology to do the serialization. They are pushing these garbage laws in order to get sales for their equipment.

States which have put out bills supporting this:

Arizona House Bill 2833
California Senate Bill 997 (Carried Over from 2007)
Hawaii House Bill 2392
Hawaii Senate Bill 2020
Hawaii Senate Bill 2076
Hawaii House Resolution 82-07 (Carried Over from 2007)
Hawaii Concurrent Resolution 104-06 (Carried Over from 2007)
Illinois House Bill 4258
Illinois House Bill 4259
Illinois House Bill 4269
Illinois House Bill 4349
Illinois Senate Bill 1095 (Carried Over from 2007)
Indiana House Bill 1260
Maryland House Bill 517
Mississippi Senate Bill 2286
New York House Bill 6920 (Carried Over from 2007)
New York House Bill 7300 (Carried Over from 2007)
New York Senate Bill 1177 (Carried Over from 2007)
New York Senate Bill 3731 (Carried Over from 2007)
Pennsylvania House Bill
Tennessee House Bill 3245
Tennessee Senate Bill 3395
Washington House Bill 3359

2007 Legislation
California Senate Bill 997
Hawaii House Resolution 82-07
Hawaii Concurrent Resolution 104-06
Illinois Senate Bill 1095
Maryland House Bill 1393
New York House Bill 6920
New York House Bill 7300
New York Senate Bill 1177
New York Senate Bill 3731

WE NEED TO STAY ALERT to prevent this crap from ever being proposed in Ohio!
So far nobody has voted this legislation in. But with California's microstamping law signed into effect, and a federal proposal also out there, who knows?
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
techres

Post by techres »

It is dead in committee here in IN.
The last to wake up will be the first to go back to sleep...

NRA Member
Appleseed Rifleman & Instructor
Husband & Father of Three
Splat!!

Post by Splat!! »

It isn't just an Ohio issue, I believe our fight on gun control should be at the federal level.......

All laws should be uniform across the USA for the same reasons that all gun laws should be uniform across Ohio......... :roll:

If California enacts the law , your ammo is still illegal contraband, unless you never go there of course..

Our government will never out and out take your guns. They will allow Insurance companies, HOA, businesses, and employers do the dirty work.
"Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

The people who want to disarm us are a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them.............Ignorant and pig headed yes, stupid....no.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
kkpudge7

Post by kkpudge7 »

What good are all of our guns without ammo right?

If they cant take the guns directly from us they'll just take all of our ammunition.
Don't think of it as 'gun control', think of it as 'victim disarmament'. If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals.

Defend the right to defend yourself!
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I'm sure everyone is aware of the stupid ballistic fingerprint casing library Maryland compiled at a cost of millions of dollars, they require every new gun to come with a spent casing which is sent to the state police and entered into the library.
So far since 2000 when it was enacted, there had been 208 searches, 6 "hits" and ONE conviction resulting from information gathered at the library. All for a cost exceeding $2.6 million as of 2005.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... 5Apr1.html

Now imagine the mess and waste of time and money trying to match every bullet to someone. I would imagine that means that you could never sell ammunition, if you can't reload ammunition. Would you like to be in the position to have to police up every casing to turn in the the PD in order to get a voucher to buy more ammo? How else would they prevent people from grabbing someone else's casings at the range and spreading them around the crime scene? How would you like to be personally responsible for every spent casing you ever fired?

And WHO pays for all this? You guessed it, the gun owners. Who else? Want to see ammo at $100 a box for 9mm?

It's not about GUNS it's about CONTROL. Can't ban the GUN so they make it impossible or impractical to have AMMO.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
ampleworks

Post by ampleworks »

The right to bear lead, primers, powder, and brass SHALL be infringed. :(
ampleworks
thorn

Post by thorn »

If you don't have enough criminals, just make more laws... if you make enough things illegal, everyone becomes a criminal.

I'll be keeping my brass.

thorn
fisher

Post by fisher »

Certainly the international, multimillion dollar organizations which manufacture methamphetamine, heroine, and crack cocaine would not have the means, desire or market, to create an illegal ammo market.
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
William Bonney

Post by William Bonney »

I can see it now. People will be pulling the bullets and micro stamping nasty things on them like up yours or try again.
The cops will have a day with that. I'd like to see micro photos of the idiots trying to pass this garbage put on some gangbangers bullets.
Hi Mom!
"You better stand tall when they're calling you out. Don't bend, don't break, baby don't back down." John BonJovi-It's my Life

"If you want to live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn" Motley Crue-Primal Scream
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

The gun registy in Canada cost more and did less....probably as it was a regular government service and not a new test thing that needed to look good.

evan...I remember reading that the serial # company was behind the laws. and the organization
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
jualdeaux

Post by jualdeaux »

Splat!! wrote:
It isn't just an Ohio issue, I believe our fight on gun control should be at the federal level.......

All laws should be uniform across the USA for the same reasons that all gun laws should be uniform across Ohio......... :roll:

If California enacts the law , your ammo is still illegal contraband, unless you never go there of course..

Our government will never out and out take your guns. They will allow Insurance companies, HOA, businesses, and employers do the dirty work.
Tell me. Do you really want Congress to control what gun laws are passed? Especially considering how there is an excellent chance that we are going to have an extreme gun grabber elected to the presidency?

I"ll keep it on a State level thank you very much.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Evan Price wrote:
So far since 2000 when it was enacted, there had been 208 searches, 6 "hits" and ONE conviction resulting from information gathered at the library
Washington Post article:
Evidence linking an Oxon Hill man to a murder weapon -- the equivalent of a handgun's fingerprint -- yesterday helped Prince George's County prosecutors win a first-degree murder case.

The verdict against Robert Garner, 21, marked the first time that prosecutors in Maryland have used information from a statewide ballistics database to obtain a conviction, law enforcement officials said.
After Braxton got his food order and slid into the passenger seat of a friend's car, Garner opened fire, hitting Braxton multiple times, according to prosecution witnesses. Braxton tumbled out of the car and tried to crawl away, but Garner stepped up to him and fired a shot into his head, witnesses testified.

So Maryland is saying they could convict the killer only because of his girlfriend's gun's ballistic fingerprints? All the witnesses had nothing to do with it? What am I missing here?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Strider

Post by Strider »

Splat!! wrote:Our government will never out and out take your guns. They will allow Insurance companies, HOA, businesses, and employers do the dirty work.
Precisely.
I've always said, they won't come for your guns, they'll attack the little things like, parts, accessories and ammo. They'll put the squeeze on you from as many economic angles as possible b/c this is a war of many fronts on multiple levels.

We need to be ever vigilant on these assailants of freedom, no issue to small and no topic too trivial when it comes to safeguarding our liberties.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien
sts47

Post by sts47 »

I better stock up on supplies then.

I'll want to have as many cases/primers/bullets/types of powder.
The pen is mightier than the sword ... if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
The pen might not be mightier than the sword, but maybe the printing press was heavier than the siege weapon. Just a few words can change everything.
Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question.