Primed cases?

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Birdman

Primed cases?

Post by Birdman »

Is it ok to prime cases and store them in a ziplock bag until ready to finish reloading? I see some purchased brass comes primed, so I would think what I am doing is acceptable.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

That's how I like to do it.
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

As long as it's not damp in your storage area you'll be o.k.

Look at how they ship and store primers, them containers aren't air tight.

Shooterwolf.
Last edited by shooterwolf on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Weakhand luke really likes to do it like that!
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

Not anymore. :lol:
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Great, now my post looks stupid! Gee thanks sabalo... :oops:

sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

My Pleasure. :lol:
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
mauser

Post by mauser »

you don't need to store them air tight, just oil-tight. You don't want to store them so that and oil, water or even oil from your skin. Putting them in a zip-lock bag should be okay. Plastic ammo boxes with a rubber seal are good too.
"a CHL license is either a "license" or a "permit," but you'd never call a CHL your "balogney pony." It's pretty far out there."
--VEX
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

If you have any of those little silica-gel paks that come in stuff, they are about tea-bag sized, stick one of those in the bag with your primed cases for moisture control.

My wife is always wondering what crap I am going to not throw out this week... dryer sheets... silica gel... ziplock bags... salsa and spice jars...
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Splat!!

Post by Splat!! »

Storage solutions.............Recently bought 24 of the square 128 oz, good containers.....

www.jarsource.com
"Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
NordicRX8

Post by NordicRX8 »

Make sure you mark the bags with the type and brand of primer used... unless of course, you only use one brand/type.
Suppose the Second amendment said "A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed." Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? – Robert Levy

A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston