Blazer Brass Cost

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I just ordered another 2K .357 and 2k .45acp slugs, and waiting on $$$ for another 3k 9mm, 1k 9mm fmj and 2k .45.

Buy it now, it ain't getting any cheaper.

Look for WWB to go up real soon.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
standerson

Post by standerson »

Were getting ready to buy some bulk 9mm, .40, .45 and .223.

Anyone know how to successfully remove a kidney? :lol:
McM

Post by McM »

I know the Irish way to make sure one needs to be removed. Would that help? :D
Not one of the " 'more-equal animals' ".

Hippies make me laugh. Bleeding hippies make me laugh REALLY HARD! -Morne
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I just stopped by my local Walmart and picked up a 50 pack of Blazer Brass in .45 acp for $14.88. I also picked up two boxes of 550 Remington Golden Bullet .22lr for $12.32 each.

After reading this thread, I got online to Sportsmanguide and Cheaperthandirt and looked at prices. They can't come close to matching any of the prices I got today at Walmart. Should I go back this evening and clear their counter of this ammo?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Music Man

Post by Music Man »

evan price wrote:I just ordered another 2K .357 and 2k .45acp slugs, and waiting on $$$ for another 3k 9mm, 1k 9mm fmj and 2k .45.

I said the same thing back in December and everyone said there is always that rumor. Now you know why I got a small group buy up for primers and powder.

As a side note, I got Cabelas new shooting catalog the other day. Primers went up to $29 a thousand. Sure makes that $18 -$19 we spent a couple weeks ago look real good.

For my AR I was lucky enough to also get some 223 55 FMJ for $55 a thousand. Thats a steal now. Here is even a better one. .223 62 grain steel pena. for $52.50 a thousand (new).

For my 9MM I use stuff that Vance Bullets makes. $23 for 500 at the gunshow. In a couple weeks I may get another smalll buy together for more powder and primers, hopefully at the same price.
Beretta Nine All The Time
mreising

Post by mreising »

Music Man wrote:
evan price wrote:I just ordered another 2K .357 and 2k .45acp slugs, and waiting on $$$ for another 3k 9mm, 1k 9mm fmj and 2k .45.

I said the same thing back in December and everyone said there is always that rumor. Now you know why I got a small group buy up for primers and powder.

As a side note, I got Cabelas new shooting catalog the other day. Primers went up to $29 a thousand. Sure makes that $18 -$19 we spent a couple weeks ago look real good.

For my AR I was lucky enough to also get some 223 55 FMJ for $55 a thousand. Thats a steal now. Here is even a better one. .223 62 grain steel pena. for $52.50 a thousand (new).

For my 9MM I use stuff that Vance Bullets makes. $23 for 500 at the gunshow. In a couple weeks I may get another smalll buy together for more powder and primers, hopefully at the same price.
Where did you find the 62 gr .223 for 52.50/thousand? Is that a current price? Enquiring minds want to know :wink:
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Javelin Man wrote:I just stopped by my local Walmart and picked up a 50 pack of Blazer Brass in .45 acp for $14.88. I also picked up two boxes of 550 Remington Golden Bullet .22lr for $12.32 each.

After reading this thread, I got online to Sportsmanguide and Cheaperthandirt and looked at prices. They can't come close to matching any of the prices I got today at Walmart. Should I go back this evening and clear their counter of this ammo?
Yesterday, I bought WWB 9mm 115 gr value packs (100 rounds) at Wal-mart for $15.72 each. They had a bunch, I bought a bunch.

I used to shop CTD and Sportsmans Guide all the time, but they are just trying to keep ahead of the price increases or something now...very pricey.

I was at the Medina gun show yesterday too...the big ammo sellers were not there.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
thorn

Post by thorn »

Let's see... just got back from Walmart.

100rd box of 9mm WWB: $16.72
50/rd box of 9mm Blazer Brass: $8.97

WWB has gone up about $3-4 in the past 18 months, and Blazer up $1 in the past 2. I bought 100rds, and I'm hoping it's the last factory ammo i buy for awhile.

Pretty sure i can reload 9mm for $5-7 per hundred. Going shopping for a press after the tax refund arrives...

thorn
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Has anyone priced WWB at Wally for a .40 or .45?

I'm SOOOOooooooooo glad I'm reloading.

I told the Mrs. I wished I started a lot sooner.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Music Man, let me know if you are going to do another buy. If I can swing the cash I am in the market for more pistol primers, hopefully they have the CCI #34 mil LR primers back in stock then, and some 4895 or Varget. Have to see what I have left after paying for Christmas and if I sell a couple cars.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Music Man

Post by Music Man »

Kind of a long story on the 223 62 gr. I had ordered some pulled 62 gr with no marks. They messed up and after five weeks I got bullets with pull marks on them. I called and emailed them. When they returned the call they (River Valley Ord.) was very cool about it and sent me 2000 new ones in place of the pulled bullets. Like I said I was lucky on that one.

It's one of those months for me. Today I won a Remington 870 from the raffle at Bill Goodmans.

Evan, sure will. Last time I looked the prices were still the same. I hope they stay that way.
Beretta Nine All The Time