Reloading Setup

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

henryluc

Reloading Setup

Post by henryluc »

I used reloading after a long absence and I was wondering what reloading setup would be best if you are looking to quickly load between 300 to 500 rounds in a session? TIA
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Reloading Setup

Post by WhyNot »

As you may or may not know, there is a primers shortage. So, Numero Uno #1...get primers.

U did not specify what caliber (or even shotgun?) so I will presume pistol. A buddy just bought a used LEE 4 hole turret press, seems a happy in between and $ value. YMMV
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

You don't give almost any details other than "what's best to make ammo fast", especially with regards to caliber and your budget.

The fastest answer to the fast/best question is going to be a Dillon XL750 or a Dillon 1050. But either way, you're talking about a fat outlay of cash.

There's just not much conversation without a lot more information. And as was said in post #2, nobody can really get primers for anything less than FIVE times previous retail (and TEN times at some guns shows) and powder is almost but not quite as difficult right now.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

Henry being a former reloader likely has ample componets on hand. So, look at Dillon (as previously mentioned) to use them up quickly.