Is anyone selling their reloads

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Is anyone selling their reloads

Postby synack2 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:33 pm

Hey,

Is anyone selling their hand loaded ammo. I've just had a bunch of people asking me to load some ammo for them and they are willing to pay me for it, but I want to be sure I am doing it legally. After looking into it, I have sent in my Form 7 application, with a Photo, and Fingerprint card, for a Type 06 FFL. It looks like I don't need to do ITAR as long as I am doing "manual reloading of ammunition .50 caliber or less.", according to ITAR's executive order.

If my Type 06 gets approved, is there anything else that I need to be concerned about. State Laws? I know how to run a business and do the appropriate taxes on it. I plan to get a vendors license for this as well and charge sales tax.

I know I won't be reloading that much to sell with my single stage press, but I honestly like loading ammo more than I like shooting it.
A .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 at home in your closet, but a 380 is better! Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Taurus TCP 380 or a S&W 642 .38 Revolver, and always carry my tiny NAA .22LR Revolver in my sock.
synack2

Re: Is anyone selling their reloads

Postby WY_Not » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:14 am

Lots of liability insurance? Set up as an LLC or full corporation to separate/protect your personal assets from business? Any fire marshall regs concerning storage and use of the powder/primer? That is all I can think of off the top of my head at 1 in the morning.

Buy more single stage presses. Set one of for each die.

synack2 wrote:Hey,

Is anyone selling their hand loaded ammo. I've just had a bunch of people asking me to load some ammo for them and they are willing to pay me for it, but I want to be sure I am doing it legally. After looking into it, I have sent in my Form 7 application, with a Photo, and Fingerprint card, for a Type 06 FFL. It looks like I don't need to do ITAR as long as I am doing "manual reloading of ammunition .50 caliber or less.", according to ITAR's executive order.

If my Type 06 gets approved, is there anything else that I need to be concerned about. State Laws? I know how to run a business and do the appropriate taxes on it. I plan to get a vendors license for this as well and charge sales tax.

I know I won't be reloading that much to sell with my single stage press, but I honestly like loading ammo more than I like shooting it.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.

Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Return to Handloading