Home Backyard OC

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

xwmstormx

Home Backyard OC

Post by xwmstormx »

Never OC'd as I always CC so this is new.

I don't own a OC holster. I have a IWB hoster for my firearm and when I am outside I tend to not have a shirt on.

Is that technically OC since it is visible and if it is then do I need a better holster?

- Note: I have privacy fences but neighbors have pools and decks where they can see over them.

Just curious and any advice from all of you is more than welcome!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Home Backyard OC

Post by Chuck »

If you have a CHL, "technically" there is no difference between OC and CC
Carry however you like.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Home Backyard OC

Post by JustaShooter »

xwmstormx wrote:I have a IWB hoster for my firearm and when I am outside I tend to not have a shirt on.

Is that technically OC since it is visible
Yep.
xwmstormx wrote:and if it is then do I need a better holster?
If you like it and it works, why would you think you need a better holster? Some who OC in public places like a holster with more retention than just friction, but in your back yard that's not a concern.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!