OC'ing around Middletown

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

OC'ing around Middletown

Post by charliej47 »

:shock: With the arrival of warm weather, I have not been wearing any outer covering lately. :shock:

During the last couple of days, I have been in and out of stores, pharmacies and restaurants around Middletown. I am always constantly sweeping my surroundings. I only noticed one person who recognized that I was wearing a weapon.

I wear hearing aids so the "cone of silence" at my back worries me as people constantly walk up and stand behind me in line. I will see them in one of my sweeps and sometime it startles me as there was no sound of their arrival. I am once again reminded that we can be blind-sided very very easily. :twisted:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
Splat!!

Re: OC'ing around Middletown

Post by Splat!! »

I am seldom carrying openly anymore....Just due the changing dynamics of Middletown. Trust me I still carry in an open position with light covering, but it is not as noticeable to the junkies standing in line
"Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Splat!! wrote:I am seldom carrying openly anymore....Just due the changing dynamics of Middletown. Trust me I still carry in an open position with light covering, but it is not as noticeable to the junkies standing in line
You have to judge your specific situation for yourself.

If you fear the junkies will attack you because you have a sidearm, cover that sucker up.
MyWifeSaidYes
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Splat!! wrote:I am seldom carrying openly anymore....Just due the changing dynamics of Middletown. Trust me I still carry in an open position with light covering, but it is not as noticeable to the junkies standing in line

If you fear the junkies will attack you because you have a sidearm, cover that sucker up.
In parts of our fair city it is definately possible.
Splat!!

Post by Splat!! »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:

Well.......what exactly do you think I did? I adapted to my current situation. Did you read something else?
"Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Splat!! wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:

Well.......what exactly do you think I did? I adapted to my current situation. Did you read something else?
Nope. Just expanding on why you concealed for the readers at home.

This is the 'open carry' forum.

:)
MyWifeSaidYes
will74

Post by will74 »

I live in Middletown and when i carry conceal. I get enough looks when i get off at work (Armed Security) and i stop at kroger's or speedway before or after work and get that omg he has a gun look. But hear is something funny though when someone does talk me it goes like this- how you doing Sir or it's a nice day out Sir lol. Never try to open carry without the uniform to see if that Sir will still be there or will i be using it to say yes sir officer i do have a chl license but you don't need one to open carry.
http://www.righttoccw.com
Proud NRA member-Join: Sept 19, 2011
Glock 22 Gen 4.
4 Primary Gun Rules:
1. Every gun is always loaded.
2. Never point a gun at anything you're not willing to kill or detroy.
3. Be sure of the target and what's beyond.
4. Finger off the trigger until the sights are on the target.