Aren't you going to do something!

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Aren't you going to do something!

Post by charliej47 »

Last week when the temperature got warm, I wa OC'ing at the Middletown Wal-Mart. I was coming out of the store and saw a man and a woman arguing. The woman slapped the man preaty hard and the man responded.

As I am standing there watching, a woman came out of the store and saw everything also. She looked at me and stated "aren't you going to do something?".

I looked at her and stated, "I'm not a cop and so far it looks pretty even."

The couple heard us and they got into a car and drove off. the woman looked at me and said "some kind of man you are!". I looked at her and said "I don't see you doing anything but [deleted--TR]". :shock:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Aren't you going to do something!

Post by carmen fovozzo »

You did good Charlie......you should of slapped her though... :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

:shock: I don't condone anyone getting a "beating", but if you start something don't be surprised if you loose.

I once watched two girls get into a fight. By the time is was over, both of them were bloody, and half undressed. When the cops came and talked to us, they wanted to know why we did not break up the fight.

Being young at the time, I said "hell, I was taking book on the fight!".
Charles Johnson Jr
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

"I got twenny bucks on the blonde".
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

That is a situation I would not touch with a 20 foot pole. Especially If I am armed.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

WestonDon wrote:That is a situation I would not touch with a 20 foot pole. Especially If I am armed.
Yep. And as I've said before, if you want to stop something like that, don't pull your handgun. Pull out your mobile telephone and start shooting video. Make sure they can see you doing it.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

My philosophy in such situations is simple:

Call 911.

Be a good witness.

Do not engage, either physically nor verbally.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

TunnelRat wrote:"I got twenny bucks on the blonde".
Blonde ? So you WERE there ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

TunnelRat wrote:"I got twenny bucks on the blonde".
Nope, two brunettes one 14 and the other 15. The 14 won on a judgement rule of having fewer bruises and less ripped clothing! :lol: But she did have a really big shiner!
Charles Johnson Jr
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice

TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

You did just fine.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/a ... t-carriers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ The above, as I'm sure many here will remember, is Greg Ellifritz's cautionary tale about civilian-CHL/CCW-holders attempting to render aid.

I think it dovetails very well with this recent blog entry by Karl Rehn :arrow:

http://blog.krtraining.com/?p=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- where he gave a detailed AAR of a SouthNarc's “Live Scenario-Based Experiential Learning Clinic” at the Polite Society 2014 meet.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Splat!!

Post by Splat!! »

This is an almost everyday occurrence in Middletown....This area is restless and just bulging at the seams, people are snapping over nothing. Drugs are everywhere
"Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Splat!! wrote:This is an almost everyday occurrence in Middletown....This area is restless and just bulging at the seams, people are snapping over nothing. Drugs are everywhere
Very true. I see it give days a week.
ohiozx3

Post by ohiozx3 »

charliej47 wrote: She looked at me and stated "aren't you going to do something?".:
I would have said yup, mind my own business and walked away.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
High Power

Post by High Power »

I saw a German 6 foot waitress pounce on a woman who had been giving her a difficult time with petty insults and rude comments. The way her fists were flying would have scared Mike Tyson.

My friend at the table asked me to break it up! He wasn't doing anything either. Besides, I wasn't about to get on the receiving end of the blonde blitzkrieg.

"Like one who seizes a dog by the ears is a passer-by who meddles in a quarrel not his own."Proverbs 26:17
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Did you happen to ask your friend what he wanted you to do?
MyWifeSaidYes