Handgun Open Carry. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you s

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Metal1

Re: Handgun Open Carry. Just because you can, doesn’t mean y

Post by Metal1 »

David Reeder.......Never heard of him, who cares what his opinion is?

Tactical Instructors............In their own mind.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

IMHO,

Open carrying should not be the result of a political consideration, with limited exceptions for lobbying efforts and such.

A lot of folks open carry to make a political point. Not good.

A lot of people concealed carry because they are AFRAID of exercising their right to OC. That's a political decision and just as bad.

Choosing a type of carry based on political consideration is a strategic choice, not a tactical one, with the end goal not necessarily immediate protection.

The type of carry, as the choice of weapons, should be normally be tactical.

All that said, there are times when you SHOULD open carry.

Open carry played a huge role in getting concealed carry available in Ohio.

We need both OC and CC available to provide a means of providing the best options of self protection.

Phillip
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

I agree with everything Pincus said in the video. OC is a tactical handicap most of the time IMO. :D ::RUNS::
-Aaron
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Shadow wrote:IMHO,

Open carrying should not be the result of a political consideration, with limited exceptions for lobbying efforts and such.

A lot of folks open carry to make a political point. Not good.

A lot of people concealed carry because they are AFRAID of exercising their right to OC. That's a political decision and just as bad.

Choosing a type of carry based on political consideration is a strategic choice, not a tactical one, with the end goal not necessarily immediate protection.

The type of carry, as the choice of weapons, should be normally be tactical.

All that said, there are times when you SHOULD open carry.

Open carry played a huge role in getting concealed carry available in Ohio.

We need both OC and CC available to provide a means of providing the best options of self protection.

Phillip
Like most I CC to defend myself and family...It has zero to do with politics or being afraid.....I choose that way because I'm more comfortable in doing so.....If your more comfortable OC knock yourself out..You'll get no negative remarks from me that I haven't already said..
...The main goal is to stay safe....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens