JUST POSTED BY A GUN SHOP OWNER ON FACEBOOK

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OHIOSTEVE

JUST POSTED BY A GUN SHOP OWNER ON FACEBOOK

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

If you are the holder of a CCW permit and regularly carry you should keep it concealed at all times so as not to alarm the public around you. If you are intelligent enough to operate a firearm and get a license you are intelligent enough that nobody should need to tell you that NOBODY wants to see your carry weapon. If you want to carry it openly then you should expect to sometimes be detained by law enforcement. If this is rocket science to you then you have no business owning a firearm.

I cannot believe this coming from this guy.. and one woman even responded that keeping it concealed is part of being a law abiding responsible gun owner. I do not open carry but this rubbed me the wrong way.

https://www.facebook.com/billjarretts.v ... ment_reply
wkdravenna

Re: JUST POSTED BY A GUN SHOP OWNER ON FACEBOOK

Post by wkdravenna »

I can't see it because I am not intelligent enough to operate a facebook page.

However, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if its absurd or silly.

Its legal, its you're personal choice if you're not breaking a law you're not breaking a law.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
BobK

Post by BobK »

wkdravenna wrote:However, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if its absurd or silly.
Yep, just like we are entitled to avoid purchasing from people with absurd or silly opinions.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

Even with me logged into Facebook the link takes me nowhere. Which gun shop is it?
Nothing to see here...move along.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Looks like Vandalia Tactical. If you look at the link carefully.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
BB62

Post by BB62 »

I get a "page not found" error message.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

BobK wrote:
wkdravenna wrote:However, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if its absurd or silly.
Yep, just like we are entitled to avoid purchasing from people with absurd or silly opinions.
Yup, remind me not to patronize that store: Bill Jarrett's Vandalia Tactical
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
OHIOSTEVE

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

Bill seems a good guy to me folks and I would not "boycott" his store over this. it is so far out of character from his normal posts it kinda threw me a curve so to speak......I do not open carry but to trash someone for doing so is wrong. One guy even commented on it being an ego problem...I just don't see how someone can lament the infringement of their rights and the next breath trash someone for exercising theirs.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

OHIOSTEVE wrote:Bill seems a good guy to me folks and I would not "boycott" his store over this.
No boycott--I just won't shop there.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

What I'm saying is... in my opinion, after reading the article online, Roy Call intentionally attempted to initiate a confrontation with police in an attempt to find a lawyer crooked enough to sue the city of Riverside. The last paragraph of the article says it all, in my opinion. Every CCW instructor that I know teaches their students that if they open carry this can happen. Roy Call knew what he was doing... looking for some easy bucks. I wouldn't award him two cents and I'll be surprised if this isn't immediately thrown out of court.
|

https://www.facebook.com/billjarretts.v ... al?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

pirateguy191 wrote:
What I'm saying is... in my opinion, after reading the article online, Roy Call intentionally attempted to initiate a confrontation with police in an attempt to find a lawyer crooked enough to sue the city of Riverside. The last paragraph of the article says it all, in my opinion. Every CCW instructor that I know teaches their students that if they open carry this can happen. Roy Call knew what he was doing... looking for some easy bucks. I wouldn't award him two cents and I'll be surprised if this isn't immediately thrown out of court.
|

https://www.facebook.com/billjarretts.v ... al?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's what happens when people don't know the facts. I don't know what occurred prior to police arrival, but after arrival it seems Mr. Call was very professional and stood his ground. Riverside PD just happened to stretch their ability and try everything. If I recall, Mr. Call was never charged with anything, just threatened with every charge in the book.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:...If I recall, Mr. Call was never charged with anything, just threatened with every charge in the book.
No, he was actually charged with Obstruction of Official Business.

From the thread on this forum about the lawsuit which has been filed, here's the police fairy tale, I'm sorry, I mean report: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5lbeHr ... edit?pli=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

BB62 wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:...If I recall, Mr. Call was never charged with anything, just threatened with every charge in the book.
No, he was actually charged with Obstruction of Official Business.

From the thread on this forum about the lawsuit which has been filed, here's the police fairy tale, I'm sorry, I mean report: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5lbeHr ... edit?pli=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok, I remember that now. Too many cases going on at once to keep track of. I definitely remember that report because I couldn't believe the info he put in there. If my officers wrote a report like that it would never be approved. There's just some stuff you don't put in a report if you charge someone with a crime.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
lrp3rd

Post by lrp3rd »

There is a reason they are called CHL's and not MCHL's (Mostly CHL's). I got mine because I wanted to have the freedom to carry open or concealed whichever I choose to do. Just because I prefer to carry completely concealed does not make me less of a man then those who open carry. I'll bet I get fewer questions, have fewer problems, and no odd glares that I must expect if I should open carry. Open carry is a right afforded all those residents of Ohio who are legally able to own a firearm and is not an ego stroker that it appears to be for some.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Folks, last time I open carried into speedway gas station. I was more annoyed by the 3 men in line behind me asking. Hey man, what is that, hey have you shot this ? hey what do you think of this gun ?..

I was trying to get gas and it was like a session of gun talk broke out in line and even the lady ringing up smiled. :lol:

Its not all dirty looks and disorderly conduct. There are some of those, I've even gotten them.