First time OC - no issues.

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jbrewer8

First time OC - no issues.

Post by jbrewer8 »

Well, since it was a nice day today, I decided to give open carry a try. Really, it was almost accidental. I carried all day around the house as usual, and when I left just didn't bother to cover it. Wen't to a Speedway & Kroger, so I knew I was in corporate gun friendly locations.

Funny thing, I don't think anybody even noticed!

I'm not sure if I will OC on a regular basis or not, but I'm sure I will on occasion. I have mixed feelings that encompass all of the usual arguments I have read in the forum. I don't feel strongly one way or the other, so we'll see how 'casual conceal' works. I don't think I'll go to great lengths to conceal unless I feel the need (known legal, but gun unfriendly environment).
"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Walther P99c QA
Browning Challenger
Mossberg 500 .12
Mossberg 500 .20
TJW815

Re: First time OC - no issues.

Post by TJW815 »

I was only noticed once today, guy at Walmart that got in checkout behind me looked down at it kinda gave a huff and went to stand in a much longer line. :roll:

But I have noticed for the most part people don't notice or they just don't react to it in a way that I notice. But I have only been open carrying for a short time.

Congrats on an uneventful first time out. :wink: I'm sure it's the first of many more to come.
whoownsyou
Account Deactivated

Post by whoownsyou »

jbrewer8 wrote:I'm not sure if I will OC on a regular basis or not, but I'm sure I will on occasion. I have mixed feelings that encompass all of the usual arguments I have read in the forum. I don't feel strongly one way or the other, so we'll see how 'casual conceal' works. I don't think I'll go to great lengths to conceal unless I feel the need (known legal, but gun unfriendly environment).
THIS is freedom! :D You will conceal when you choose for reasons you have decided upon. You will not conceal when you choose for reasons you have decided upon. In both cases, you're not hurting anybody, so enjoy your days concealing or not :)
"If you can get the cows to attack each other whenever anybody brings up the reality of their situation, then you don't have to spend nearly as much controlling them directly." -Stefan Molyneux

"Most of what I do can be summed up by: I go around telling people that they should be free and they tell me, 'No, I shouldn't.'" -Larken Rose
jbrewer8

Post by jbrewer8 »

TJW815 wrote:I was only noticed once today, guy at Walmart that got in checkout behind me looked down at it kinda gave a huff and went to stand in a much longer line. :roll:
I have no problem with an anti gunner waiting longer because of a stupid prejudice. That's really all it is.
"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Walther P99c QA
Browning Challenger
Mossberg 500 .12
Mossberg 500 .20
whoownsyou
Account Deactivated

Post by whoownsyou »

jbrewer8 wrote:I have no problem with an anti gunner waiting longer because of a stupid prejudice. That's really all it is.
It's actually worse than that. Prejudice is forming an opinion before it is substantiated. Bigotry is prejudice with a moral attachment. If he chooses another line because he sees a gun, that might be prejudice. If he lets out a contemptuous huff, he is a bigot, condescending not the gun, but the person associated with the gun.
"If you can get the cows to attack each other whenever anybody brings up the reality of their situation, then you don't have to spend nearly as much controlling them directly." -Stefan Molyneux

"Most of what I do can be summed up by: I go around telling people that they should be free and they tell me, 'No, I shouldn't.'" -Larken Rose
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

jbrewer8 wrote:
TJW815 wrote:I was only noticed once today, guy at Walmart that got in checkout behind me looked down at it kinda gave a huff and went to stand in a much longer line. :roll:
I have no problem with an anti gunner waiting longer because of a stupid prejudice. That's really all it is.
I didn't mind at all. :D