dealing with cops on OCing..again !

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Klingon00

Re: dealing with cops on OCing..again !

Post by Klingon00 »

whoownsyou wrote:
Klingon00 wrote:Punishing them would just be the initiation of force after all which according to your logic is equal to rape.
Since you've expressed an interest in determining right from wrong, I urge you to become familiar with the difference between force and the initiation of force. Especially if you carry a firearm. My apologies if I'm being presumptive; given your participation on this website, I felt it was a safe bet.
If you'll notice, I said your logic. Not mine. You were the one who appeared to draw a parallel between all initiation of force be it acts of government or acts of rape. Now that you mention it, I did question why someone who made such a claim would carry a firearm, but I hoped you would better answer some of the questions posed to you in hopes there was a clearer explanation of your position.
whoownsyou
Account Deactivated

Post by whoownsyou »

Klingon00 wrote:If you'll notice, I said your logic.
No you didn't. You said punishing the initiation of force is itself the initiation of force:
Klingon00 wrote:Punishing them would just be the initiation of force
If you attack me and I shoot you, did I INITIATE force? No, it would've INITIALLY come from you.
Klingon00 wrote:You were the one who appeared to draw a parallel between all initiation of force be it acts of government or acts of rape.
MOST acts of government are morally identical to rape in that they violate the fundamental principle of self-ownership. You can't hear this because you are viewing government action from the perspective of punishing of a rapist. Consider the following:

Do you initiate force when you go to work? If not, then theft of your money (income tax) is governmental initiation of force. You will be approached by men with guns and caged if you do not comply.

When you take what money you have left over and you use it to buy a car, are you initiating force? If not, then theft of your money (sales tax, titling, registration) is governmental initiation of force.

When you drive 36 in a 35 and it's safe to do so, are you initiating force? If not, then theft of your money (citation) is governmental initiation of force.

When you get pulled over, having hurt nobody (this is an initiation of force against you), and you are armed, if you do not notify, are you initiating force? If not, then being charged with failure to notify in Ohio is governmental initiation of force.

If you finally make it home and in the privacy of your own home, indulge in a mind-altering substance, be it alcohol or marijuana, are you initiating force? If not, then prosecution of the latter is governmental initiation of force.

While you're home, if you do not pay to school your neighbor's children, are you initiating force? If not, then theft of your money (property tax) is governmental initiation of force. Again, you will be approached by men with guns and caged if you do not comply.

Now if you've done nothing to hurt anybody else, do you deserve to have that many guns pointed at your head each and every day, intervening on every aspect of your life? I certainly do not want that. Not for myself and not for you. I'm not free until you're free. Nor do I want anybody to advocate people pointing guns at my head (voting, legislating) for living my life the way I see fit if I'm not hurting anybody else.
"If you can get the cows to attack each other whenever anybody brings up the reality of their situation, then you don't have to spend nearly as much controlling them directly." -Stefan Molyneux

"Most of what I do can be summed up by: I go around telling people that they should be free and they tell me, 'No, I shouldn't.'" -Larken Rose
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Okay, good enough. Thank you, all. :roll:

Our discussion of theoretical anarchy has wandered far beyond the bounds of the original poster's query.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.