OC Video

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tweed Ring

Re: OC Video

Post by Tweed Ring »

I have distilled all the blather down to one immutable fact. If our side does not control the decisions of politicians, at the various state and federal levels, then the other side will prevail.
JmE

Post by JmE »

It depends on how much compromise is required to control those politicians. If the politicians run amok regarding individual rights then they over reach and wake the otherwise inattentive people. If too much is compromised then those well meaning among us will merely serve as a safety valve to keeping the people unaware to their rights being denied. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions and I don't subscribe to the notion that legislation alone will fix the problems. We need both but those that wish to pursue a purely legislative solution often forget that the power is inherent in the People. There is no power to "control" the politicians without the People. A fed up group of citizens could get more done in weeks or months than decades of glacial legislative process. Again, I contend that we need both at the same time; sometimes as carrot and stick.
Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet! - Gen.Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it. - Gen. Robert E. Lee
If we must die, we die defending our rights. - Chief Sitting Bull

Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? - Plato
JmE

Post by JmE »

Tweed Ring wrote:I have distilled all the blather down
I'm not understanding... what is "all the blather"?
It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it. - Gen. Robert E. Lee

Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? - Plato
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I'm still trying to figure out where I'm putting all 67 guns...I see lots of Derringers and LCP's in my future! :P
MyWifeSaidYes
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

JmE wrote:
All the blather? The slow shuck and the long jive, e.g. shuck and jive.

If criminals do not obey the law against homicide, what makes anyone believe they will obey any of the plethora of lesser laws?

That blather.
JmE

Post by JmE »

Tweed Ring wrote:
JmE wrote:
All the blather? The slow shuck and the long jive, e.g. shuck and jive.

If criminals do not obey the law against homicide, what makes anyone believe they will obey any of the plethora of lesser laws?

That blather.
Maybe my coffee's not working this AM but I'm still not understanding... who's blather? You mean the politicians and those lobbying for gun control, right?

------------------
ETA: Okay, a few more sips of coffee and I understand now...

You've distilled down all the blather, the political message "If criminals do not obey the law against homicide, what makes anyone believe they will obey any of the plethora of lesser laws?"by politicians, firearm people in general, et al.
Last edited by JmE on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

JmE

Post by JmE »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I'm still trying to figure out where I'm putting all 67 guns...I see lots of Derringers and LCP's in my future! :P
Admit it, you like a challenge! :lol:

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

JmE wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I'm still trying to figure out where I'm putting all 67 guns...I see lots of Derringers and LCP's in my future! :P
Admit it, you like a challenge! :lol:
He had me at "7 gun pistol necklace"... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
JmE

Post by JmE »

TunnelRat wrote:He had me at "7 gun pistol necklace"... 8)
I almost coughed up a lung laughing so hard! :lol: