Which counties in Ohio allow open carry?

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dngreer

Post by dngreer »

Lthrnck wrote:Just to be nit picky Dn.... it's not a HB any longer. It's now an ORC (Ohio Revised Code) I'm trying to break myself of that habit of calling it a HB.
Right on. It's habit, just like you said.
Protect and exercise our 2nd amendment rights before we have none to protect or exercise.
arracos

Post by arracos »

JKOS asked
Do you guys OC in stores or restaurants or just when your out?
Be VERY careful when trying to carry in a restaurant. Establishments that sell alcohol for consumption (class D license) are enumerated CPZ's. Particularly for concealed but I believe for open carry as well. Us Ohioans are just NOT trustworthy enough to even ALLOW one of those dangerous, self-firing, "gonna shoot someone without my owner's permission" firearms in a place where said Ohioan could even POSSIBLY "get all liquored up and go on a rampage". :roll:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the whole OC in a restaurant that serves issue.
Open question to the Obamatrons... So how's that CHANGE working for you?

Are you a Three Percenter?
BIG SHAFE

Post by BIG SHAFE »

arracos wrote:JKOS asked
Do you guys OC in stores or restaurants or just when your out?
Be VERY careful when trying to carry in a restaurant. Establishments that sell alcohol for consumption (class D license) are enumerated CPZ's. Particularly for concealed but I believe for open carry as well. Us Ohioans are just NOT trustworthy enough to even ALLOW one of those dangerous, self-firing, "gonna shoot someone without my owner's permission" firearms in a place where said Ohioan could even POSSIBLY "get all liquored up and go on a rampage". :roll:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the whole OC in a restaurant that serves issue.
Yes any gun, any type of carry is a felony in alcohol dispensing and Class D.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

BIG SHAFE wrote:Yes any gun, any type of carry is a felony in alcohol dispensing and Class D.
The affirmative defenses are still available for long guns. {2923.121(C)}
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Beekeeper

Post by Beekeeper »

jabeatty wrote:
BIG SHAFE wrote:Yes any gun, any type of carry is a felony in alcohol dispensing and Class D.
I could just see myself going in with my Marlin lever gun loaded up with ten rounds of .45-70... :lol:
When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour.
.George Washington
Timmy44221

Post by Timmy44221 »

Beekeeper wrote:
jabeatty wrote:
I could just see myself going in with my Marlin lever gun loaded up with ten rounds of .45-70... :lol:
Does affirmative defence cover Any Other Weapons (AOW). They make those mossberg Super Shorty Shotty.