Dipped My Toe Into The O.C. Pool

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tactical Badger

Dipped My Toe Into The O.C. Pool

Post by Tactical Badger »

I OC'd today on my way into the office. I wouldn't have been nervous at all except for the fact I had to stop for gas along the way. And that made me VERY nervous.

I am, however, proud to report that no police were involved, and my carrying went completely unnoticed. At least to the point where there was no wailing and gnashing of teeth!

All-in-all, just more evidence to back up my belief that one would pretty much have to be OC'ing an AR before the general population would even notice.
"Remember, if anything happens to me, or you don't hear from me within the hour... you take this ship and you come and you rescue me."
dngreer

Post by dngreer »

Congratulations Tactical! It's great to hear your first time OCing went well. (Just the way it should be, right? :) ) OCing becomes more natural with time. I was nervous at first when I started OCing, but like most things, the more you do it, the easier it is.
Protect and exercise our 2nd amendment rights before we have none to protect or exercise.
BIG SHAFE

Post by BIG SHAFE »

I've done some, but I still get nervous about stupid people and LEO.

Most don't have any clue, but the ones that see it get all big eyed. :shock:

Nice to see you made dngreer
dngreer

Post by dngreer »

BIG SHAFE wrote:I've done some, but I still get nervous about stupid people and LEO.

Most don't have any clue, but the ones that see it get all big eyed. :shock:

Nice to see you made dngreer
It took me long enough, didn't it? :)
Protect and exercise our 2nd amendment rights before we have none to protect or exercise.
BIG SHAFE

Post by BIG SHAFE »

dngreer wrote:It took me long enough, didn't it? :)
Ummm, ya! 8)
fisher

Post by fisher »

dngreer wrote:Congratulations Tactical! It's great to hear your first time OCing went well. (Just the way it should be, right? :) ) OCing becomes more natural with time. I was nervous at first when I started OCing, but like most things, the more you do it, the easier it is.
Exactly!

And the theory is, others will be less agitated when seeing or hearing about armed citizens because of it.

Good job :D
Tactical Badger

Post by Tactical Badger »

but I still get nervous about stupid people and LEO
Exactly!! I know I have every right to OC in Ohio. But, that certainly wouldn't stop a "man with a gun" call to the police. I was looking over my shoulder all the way into the office! :lol:

And, I don't even want to think about having to face the Mrs. if I did get arrested!! "No thank you Officer, I think I'll just stay here in my cell, with the gangbangers and drug dealers, where it's safe...."
"Remember, if anything happens to me, or you don't hear from me within the hour... you take this ship and you come and you rescue me."
fisher

Post by fisher »

Tactical Badger wrote:
but I still get nervous about stupid people and LEO
Exactly!! I know I have every right to OC in Ohio. But, that certainly wouldn't stop a "man with a gun" call to the police. I was looking over my shoulder all the way into the office! :lol:

And, I don't even want to think about having to face the Mrs. if I did get arrested!! "No thank you Officer, I think I'll just stay here in my cell, with the gangbangers and drug dealers, where it's safe...."
A LEO encounter is a possibility. I am an optimist and believe the encounter would never escalate beyond a professional, voluntary encounter. My wife, however, believes that I am going to be arrested eventually. (She thought the Kroger OC experience was "crazy".) So I guess she's mentally prepared for "the phone call", although I seriously doubt it will ever happen.