Fin Feather Fur Restrictions AGAIN!!!!

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Corys0022

Fin Feather Fur Restrictions AGAIN!!!!

Post by Corys0022 »

Hello,

I'm new here... Kind of. I read the articles all the time, but this is my first ever post.

While I know most people are not a fan of Open carry, we have to remember this is a fundamental right of the citizens of this state and country, & that ccw is a privilege issued by the government. Fin Feather & Fur has seemed to forget this yet again.....

I go there usually every weekend if nothing else to window shop. my normal shop is the Canton location as I live in the dreaded anti gun summit county region. This weekend when walking to the door of the store, I noticed a new sign posted outside the door. as I Glanced at it I noticed in big bold letters UNLESS LEGALLY ALLOWED TO CONCEAL CARRY, Please do not open carry firearms in our store without the magazine unloaded, ammo unloaded, and the action open. I proceeded to stop right there and turn around to leave I did not even begin to enter the premises.

While I respect the rights of property to other people, and I normally do not complain when most places forbid the carry of firearms, this is a FIREARMS DEALER... I find it a little odd that we are no restricting rights to bear arms in FIREARMS STORES....

IDK maybe I am just ranting, but does anyone else see an issue with this?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Fin Feather Fur Restrictions AGAIN!!!!

Post by JustaShooter »

I wonder if they have a new manager who has gone off on their own and posted the sign, or if this is something that came down from corporate. Have you contacted their corporate office to ask?

And, just so I can see the entire language in context, can you post a picture of the sign please?

Thanks!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Corys0022

Post by Corys0022 »

I have contacted corporate very politely through their website email. I doubt I will here back before Monday! I did not take a picture, but I can stop back by this evening and snap a photo for the forum if you would like! Our Walmart’s within the last few months just finally started enforcing the no open permit carry by posting signs and similar businesses have done the same. It is shocking to see a firearms store post something like this.

from what I can recall of just memoir currently, the sign stated

LAWFUL CONCEALED CARRY PERMITED. In big bold letters with a line underneath then in smaller lettering it stated open carry firearms must be unloaded with the action open. It did leave some confusion as if they were talking strictly long guns, or handguns as well as it never specified, but respectfully I did not go into the building as I was openly carrying a loaded firearm.

I go there pretty much every weekend as stated before that’s why this came as a huge shock to me
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

JustaShooter wrote:I wonder if they have a new manager who has gone off on their own and posted the sign, or if this is something that came down from corporate. Have you contacted their corporate office to ask?

And, just so I can see the entire language in context, can you post a picture of the sign please?

Thanks!

All of that.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'd lay a small wager that some stupid person open carrying did something stupid/dangerous to cause the sign to go up. Regulations shouldn't be made to the standards of the lowest common denominator, but sometimes they are.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Corys0022

Post by Corys0022 »

Brian D. wrote:I'd lay a small wager that some stupid person open carrying did something stupid/dangerous to cause the sign to go up. Regulations shouldn't be made to the standards of the lowest common denominator, but sometimes they are.

Most likely…. I was there last Saturday open carrying per normal and got a look or two. Nothing new I get them daily. Especially being in a more urban area, so it would not shock me if some idiot decided to pull his fully loaded handgun out to test of it would fit into a new holster as waved it all around…
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Corys0022 wrote:... I can stop back by this evening and snap a photo for the forum if you would like!
Yes, we would like!

And the FFF "No Open Carry" policy was posted on it's Ashland store way back in 2013 when I stopped there on my way back from an open carry picnic in Oberlin.

Didn't buy anything that day. Haven't visited since. Probably won't in the future.
MyWifeSaidYes
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Meh, their house, their rules.

Their rights regarding control of their property would certainly outweigh your rights to OC on their property. You are their as their guest. If you believe that one exercising their rights overrides the rights of a property owner to set the rules for those on their property then as Tweed used to say, you won't have a problem with me and a dozen or so of my congregation just showing up at your house to hold daily worship services and choir practice. After all, we're just exercising our rights.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Guess we're not getting a picture of that sign ? ? ?

I might get up there in the next few weeks.

Haven't been in there in about a year.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

This discussions getting old.
I need to stop next time I'm up there....or call so's not to waste a trip.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Ashland. Was there a few weeks ago..I believe there sign says to keep your gun holstered if you are OC..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I was at the North Canton store a couple of weeks ago, sign said OC was fine just keep it holstered.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!