Open Carry Dude at BGSU charged with Inciting Panic

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docachna

Re: Open Carry Dude at BGSU charged with Inciting Panic

Post by docachna »

BB62 wrote:
Yes, the case was dismissed. I submitted a number of records requests, which as far as I'm concerned, BGSU played games with - including for video footage of the fellow walking on or near campus.
Did BGSUcks (Sorry, I went to Ohio University !!!) ever fully respond to your records requests ? If not, and if it were me, I'd push 'em to completely respond to the requests, just because I can.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

kcclark wrote:
BB62 wrote:Some 'crazy' :shock: OCers were on campus yesterday: http://bgindependentmedia.org/rogers-re ... strations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here is the pull quote IMO:
“While Ohio may be an open carry state, and it may be legal, this doesn’t mean that we need to standby and say nothing. Lest we forget, slavery and apartheid were legal as was/is state sanctioned violence. We will not stay silent. These laws are unjust and threaten our psychological and physical safety.”
Nice of BRAVE group to bring up people who were not allowed to defend themselves with firearms.
Yes, the irony is strong with this group. :roll: In addition, their comparisons are invalid and backwards. Slavery and apartheid were one group of people physically harmed or physically restricted by another group of people. If a gun carrier is not using that gun illegally then he/she/it is not harming anyone physically or restricting anyone's actions. (unless by "action" you mean rape robbery or murder) Law abiding gun owners are merely carrying the means to stop threats to their physical safety.

As far as guns threatening the groups psychological safety, that is in the eye of the beholder, as long as the gun carrier isn't doing anything threatening or menacing with the gun. (again, those are laws already on the books) I believe Col. Cooper called it "Hoblophobia", an abnormal fear of firearms.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

docachna wrote:
BB62 wrote:
Yes, the case was dismissed. I submitted a number of records requests, which as far as I'm concerned, BGSU played games with - including for video footage of the fellow walking on or near campus.
Did BGSUcks (Sorry, I went to Ohio University !!!) ever fully respond to your records requests ? If not, and if it were me, I'd push 'em to completely respond to the requests, just because I can.
Sorry, I've been off the forum for quite a while and just now saw your query.

YES, BGSU *finally* responded fully to my requests, after, I believe, playing games with doing so in a responsive manner.

P.S. - I hope to re-start the China-virus inhibited Campus Walks in the spring. Not sure where yet.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

BB62 wrote:
docachna wrote:
BB62 wrote:
Sorry, I've been off the forum for quite a while and just now saw your query.

YES, BGSU *finally* responded fully to my requests, after, I believe, playing games with doing so in a responsive manner.

P.S. - I hope to re-start the China-virus inhibited Campus Walks in the spring. Not sure where yet.
Please post that information on Fbook etc.. when you decide when/where.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Aesinsp wrote:
BB62 wrote: P.S. - I hope to re-start the China-virus inhibited Campus Walks in the spring. Not sure where yet.
Please post that information on Fbook etc.. when you decide when/where.
Will definitely do so, and thanks for indicating your interest.

I think Fascistbook has greatly diminished the visibility of my posts & invitations, but will post the information here on OFCC's forums, subject to the approval of the powers-that-be.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor