Open carry question

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Re: Open carry question

Post by AlanM »

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

AlanM wrote:Image
You see those two check boxes above the login button? Check the one that says "Log me in automatically each visit" and the problem where you get logged out typing in a long post will go away. You'll need to do that on each device you log in with. And once you do, you also won't have to log in on that device again, unless you explicitly log out.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

I foresee open carry being attacked if SB19(red flag) becomes law. Some jurisdictions try so hard to tag open carriers with something that this will be their go to. Take all the guns, problem solved. :evil:
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

JustaShooter wrote: You see those two check boxes above the login button? Check the one that says "Log me in automatically each visit" and the problem where you get logged out typing in a long post will go away. You'll need to do that on each device you log in with. And once you do, you also won't have to log in on that device again, unless you explicitly log out.
I HAVE checked that box, several times, and it DOES log me in automatically.
HOWEVER, that does not stop the log out problem.
AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

AlanM wrote:
JustaShooter wrote: You see those two check boxes above the login button? Check the one that says "Log me in automatically each visit" and the problem where you get logged out typing in a long post will go away. You'll need to do that on each device you log in with. And once you do, you also won't have to log in on that device again, unless you explicitly log out.
I HAVE checked that box, several times, and it DOES log me in automatically.
HOWEVER, that does not stop the log out problem.
Gotcha, I must have misunderstood. I'm not sure what is going on then.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

If you regularly clear cookies or are blocking them, the checkbox won't do much.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Maybe just tell your Stu-type* story in two or three parts, Alan. :mrgreen:

*Longer than the current Avengers movie, (just barely) shorter than War and Peace.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Anything too long winded, I will write up in Notepad or some word processor software then cut and paste once its complete.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

JonasM wrote:If you regularly clear cookies or are blocking them, the checkbox won't do much.
EditThisCookie (a Chrome addon) shows six persistent cookies associated with ohioccwforums.org so that's not the problem unless the pertinent cookie has never been added.
AlanM
ninaholm

Post by ninaholm »

Thanks for sharing
https://cocofax.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;