Downtown Hamiltucky..uh, Hamilton Ohiok

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Downtown Hamiltucky..uh, Hamilton Ohiok

Post by Brian D. »

I guess at some point in the past, Hamilton had an anti gun mayor, council, and/or police chief. More than usual amount of "No guns" signs on business windows. They look faded (especially on the shuttered buildings, of which there's more than a few) but nobody has scraped them off.

Years ago, Marion and Newark Ohio were the same way, but at some point they appeared to stop being scared of law abiders like us and took down the signs.

These visits to Hamilton had me handing out "No guns = no money" cards for the first time in a while. Along with a little preaching of the gun gospel. Got to say, I'm not as patient and diplomatic as back years ago. Didn't stove in anybody's noggin but the thought ran through my mind a couple times. :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Downtown Hamiltucky..uh, Hamilton Ohiok

Post by WY_Not »

Getting yourself in trouble is definitely not worth it. Best you can do is name and shame the offenders and then when you shop elsewhere... send them copies of receipts to make certain that they know how much revenue they lost because of their disgusting behavior.
Brian D. wrote:I guess at some point in the past, Hamilton had an anti gun mayor, council, and/or police chief. More than usual amount of "No guns" signs on business windows. They look faded (especially on the shuttered buildings, of which there's more than a few) but nobody has scraped them off.

Years ago, Marion and Newark Ohio were the same way, but at some point they appeared to stop being scared of law abiders like us and took down the signs.

These visits to Hamilton had me handing out "No guns = no money" cards for the first time in a while. Along with a little preaching of the gun gospel. Got to say, I'm not as patient and diplomatic as back years ago. Didn't stove in anybody's noggin but the thought ran through my mind a couple times. :lol:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Re: Downtown Hamiltucky..uh, Hamilton Ohiok

Post by Brian D. »

My idea of fun and entertainment is likely different from yours. :mrgreen: Often, I don't even find the proprietor or manager responsible for the signage. At that point anyone I speak to is fair game for some derision or sarcasm, if the mood strikes me.

When you can't talk to the organ grinder, it doesn't much matter how you address the monkey.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.