Kay Jeweler's

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Kay Jeweler's

Post by qmti »

Went to the Piqua Kay's Jeweler's to get a necklace for my wife. Pulled in front of the store and there was a HUGE "NO Gun" sign on the door. They just lost a large $$$ to Kohl's down the road. I probably should have know better than to go to Kay's.
djthomas

Re: Kay Jeweler's

Post by djthomas »

They're about as anti as an anti can get. IIRC the signs go so far as to claim to prohibit any weapons in the parking lot, notwithstanding the fact that at 99% of their locations they have no control over the parking lot, the strip mall owner does. Furthermore, such prohibitions are not allowed under state law anyway. There was also a story a few years back about how they or one of their allied brands (Jared?) gave an on-duty LEO a rash of turds for daring to set foot in one of their stores in full uniform while on an authorized break. I forget the precise details but he was either picking something up or asking a question. Cruiser was parked right out front, he was subject to recall at any time, the whole nine yards.

Fortunately my wife's need for jewelry is minimal but I've always been blessed to have access to excellent independent establishments. Young's in West Park Cleveland has served me well over the years. At one point the owner was a member here.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Kay Jeweler's

Post by AzRanger »

qmti wrote:Went to the Piqua Kay's Jeweler's to get a necklace for my wife. Pulled in front of the store and there was a HUGE "NO Gun" sign on the door. They just lost a large $$$ to Kohl's down the road. I probably should have know better than to go to Kay's.

You should let them know and even show them the receipt for your Kohl's purchase!
God made man, Colt made them equal