Huntington Bank

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ashtabula

Huntington Bank

Post by ashtabula »

A no gun sign showed up on my bank's door , Orwell branch of Huntington, I first noticed it yesterday I'm not sure when it was posted, I only stop by about once a month. I called corporate and was told they do it to protect their customers and employees. I told them the branch was not posted when I opened the account and wanted to clarify that it was now their policy to post. I was put on hold while they talked to security to check on what the policy was. Turns out their policy is to "not prohibit concealed carry". They opened, what they called a case, to investigate my concerns. They said it could take up to 10 days to investigate and they would call and let me know.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Huntington Bank

Post by Javelin Man »

That's the way to handle it! :)
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Well done! Please, keep us posted (no pun intended) on the status. I bank with Huntington and one of the biggest reasons I switched to them from First Merit was their policy to follow state law regarding carry.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

When I opened the accounts I have at my local Huntington, they told me carrying....openly or concealed....was allowed in their banks.

The person I delt with, contacted corporate about it and came back with that response.

I'd say it's a manager's doing .
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

I received a call from the branch manager in Orwell today and she said it was Huntington's policy to put up the signs. I called corporate and checked with security and they said the sign will stay up. Looks like it's on to the next bank. I hope this doesn't happen to your branch. The manager said the sign went up about three weeks ago.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

PNC has always been good to me
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Chuck wrote:PNC has always been good to me
ME TOO!

I had been a long time customer of National City Bank and was not upset at all when PNC absorbed NCB.
I know of only one posting incident during the change over and a PNC VP nipped that in the bud immediately that it was brought to his attention.

Bear in mind I live where there are NO PNC branches or ATM's for that matter.
I do all my banking online and only write (and mail) two checks a year.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Likely a random sign posting by an emotions-based do gooder.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

AlanM wrote:
Chuck wrote:PNC has always been good to me
ME TOO!

I had been a long time customer of National City Bank and was not upset at all when PNC absorbed NCB.
I know of only one posting incident during the change over and a PNC VP nipped that in the bud immediately that it was brought to his attention.

Bear in mind I live where there are NO PNC branches or ATM's for that matter.
I do all my banking online and only write (and mail) two checks a year.
I still drink from a BankOhio coffee cup from way back before PNC bought them out.
If they're loyal to me I'm usually loyal back, no matter what the business
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

I find this entire situation strange. On 1/9 when I called corporate they said it was their policy to not prohibit concealed carry. 0n 1/18 the branch manager said the sign went up about 3 weeks ago and she was ok with me just walking past it armed. A second call to corporate has security saying the signs will stay up. The conversations are with their 800 number they put you on hold then relay the information from security, I suppose there could be a translation problem. I have not been able to find a direct number or email for security. I guess time will tell if they have changed their policy and other branches get posted but I'll be gone by then. If it weren't for direct pay and waiting for new checks, I'd be gone already.
docachna

Post by docachna »

Sounds to me like somebody in security has gone rogue and has taken it upon themselves to change the company's policy unilaterally. Good luck getting anybody with enough authority to give it a serious look.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

docachna wrote:Sounds to me like somebody in security has gone rogue and has taken it upon themselves to change the company's policy unilaterally. Good luck getting anybody with enough authority to give it a serious look.
Depends on how much you have in their bank.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

And how many others you can persuade to leave with you.
schmieg wrote:
docachna wrote:Sounds to me like somebody in security has gone rogue and has taken it upon themselves to change the company's policy unilaterally. Good luck getting anybody with enough authority to give it a serious look.
Depends on how much you have in their bank.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Today I walked up to a branch I've used since the mid-80s and found it posted. :shock: Talked to one of my friends there and the person said corporate was behind it.

I've been a customer since '83. Did not think I was ever going to change but they changed on me first. :(

Just remembered that I just ordered new checks for the first time in many years. Add insult to injury.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

If I remember correctly. Doesn't it go like this; person carries 8) into an establishment. Manager asks person to leave. Person does, no problem. Doesn't, police are called.

Am I correct :wink:
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good