Dunkin Donuts

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

iShoot

Dunkin Donuts

Post by iShoot »

All of the DD locations in the Youngstown area now seem to have CPZ signs posted.

Anyone finding these elsewhere in the state?
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Dunkin Donuts

Post by WY_Not »

Hopefully this is a local store issue and not corporate policy. Wife really likes a couple of their flavored coffees and I really don't want to be the one to try to tell her they are now on the do not patronize list.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Will look around here in Cincy first time I think of it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

The one in Willoughby (east Cleveland suburb) on Bishop Road by the freeway is not posted.
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

I would really hate to loose the ability to go to my local DD. I will check them this weekend as well in Centerville.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

I've never seen one posted anywhere in OH, WV, VA, or NC. It has been a long time since I have been to Youngstown.
mreising

Post by mreising »

What ever you do, don't go in and ask them if they prohibit carry.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

I have been to the one on Wilmington Pike and the one on Rt. 48 in Centerville and neither one is posted.

LW

Mmmmmm ...... donuts .......
Sherlock Holmes : "You have arms, I suppose?"
Dr. Watson : "Yes, I thought it well to take them."
Sherlock Holmes : "Most certainly. Keep your revolver near you night and day and never relax your precautions"

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle "The Hound of the Baskervilles"
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

mreising wrote:What ever you do, don't go in and ask them if they prohibit carry.

Second that.

Iv'e never seen any posted "anywhere" near my area, so I'd bet it's the local owners or managers idea to do so.

I'd walk in and have a talk w/ the owner or manager if poss. about it....AND BE NICE WHILE YOUR DOING IT.

My 13 yr old is into collecting coins, (large cents), and got wind of a shop south of us so we went to check it out.

It was posted , so I told him to let me go in first and give me a couple of minutes and then come in and tell me there was a sign on the door as though I didn't see it.....(yes, he's familiar with my tactics because we've done this stuff before). :wink:

The owner had about 5 or six coins on the counter, about $200 worth, for me to look at, when my son came in and pointed the sign out.

The conversation went from coins to carrying in a heartbeat and we were there about a1/2 hour pointing out why his sign doesn't do what he "thinks" it will do and wouldn't do business with someone that wont let me carry to defend myself or my kids. He took the sign down while we were there and my boy bought some coins off of him and we've been back maybe twice. I had more important things to do than discuss/argue commonsense with somebody, but the sign came down......and my boy gets to go back there when he wants too. :D

Sometimes your successfull in getting a sign down, sometimes not. It probably depends on your approach, how anti they are and/or how many others complain.

Sometimes I've gotten others to call the business and complain too! :)

After all, this IS a Dunkin Donuts , right? That, by itself, is enough reason to make the effort to get that sign down. :wink: :lol:

Have you left them a no guns = no money card.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Brian D. wrote:Will look around here in Cincy first time I think of it.
It's hard to remember or think of anything else when you have coffee and donuts on the brain! :P
Darrel
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

Wooster DD is not posted.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
iShoot

Post by iShoot »

About a week ago I emailed customer service about these locations. This morning I got a follow up email with a case number asking me to call them.
I just got off the phone with a woman who confirmed that all DD franchises are required to follow all local laws regarding the carry of firearms.
She also confirmed all the posted locations in the Youngstown area are owned by the same person. She said she'd contact them and someone would follow up with me in the next few days.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Unfortunately they are following local (aka state) law.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Brian D. wrote:Will look around here in Cincy first time I think of it.
Yesterday I finally remembered to eyeball a couple of Dunkin locations. One in Cincy, the other northern Ky., but neither was posted.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

iShoot wrote:About a week ago I emailed customer service about these locations. This morning I got a follow up email with a case number asking me to call them.
I just got off the phone with a woman who confirmed that all DD franchises are required to follow all local laws regarding the carry of firearms.
She also confirmed all the posted locations in the Youngstown area are owned by the same person. She said she'd contact them and someone would follow up with me in the next few days.
I would say that posting is not only costing the owner, but DD as well, and I would bring that up with corporate as well, that the fran, owner 's policies are costing them, (DD), as well.

Who knows what DD will think of that, who knows, but it's worth a try.
Darrel