Picking people up from Cleveland Hopkins.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Houseofmoto

Picking people up from Cleveland Hopkins.

Post by Houseofmoto »

Legal to carry or not at all?

Attorney General website says not in terminals or airplanes......I wouldn't be entering either.

Thanks in advance.
pirateguy191

Re: Picking people up from Cleveland Hopkins.

Post by pirateguy191 »

I have picked up and dropped off. I did not enter the terminal.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

pirateguy191 wrote:I have picked up and dropped off. I did not enter the terminal.

I would guess your on a no fly list. :lol: :P
Black Rifles Matter
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

steves 50de wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:I have picked up and dropped off. I did not enter the terminal.

I would guess your on a no fly list. :lol: :P
I haven't flown since 1976. I may never find out. :wink:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

Birdman

Post by Birdman »

I remember after 9/11 the parking lots were posted at CLE. I think they were even searching for bombs under vehicles with their mirrors.
.....or maybe it was just a nightmare I had..
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

The city of Cleveland owns and operates the airport.

Houseofmoto

Post by Houseofmoto »

Didn't see any signs.

Did have an officer knocking on my window in the cell phone lot though. Wanted to know if I drove for Uber. "No" was my reply. He was gone to bug the next instantly.

The airport construction is Hell. 20 minutes to go a 1/4 of a mile from the traffic lights to the arrival terminal area. Ugh.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I have picked up and dropped off at a few Ohio airports recently (Dayton, Akron-Canton, Hopkins, to name a few). No issues with carrying at these places OUTSIDE of the terminal at the usual locations or cell phone and parking lots. You may not enter the terminal while armed.

Infact, every airport terminal I've been into in in some 15 states so far had a gun buster sign. Must be a pretty common law for the whole terminal being a CPZ.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

United States Airport Gun Laws by State:
http://www.aci-na.org/sites/default/fil ... ril_17.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HancockCountyHaL
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

pirateguy191 wrote:The city of Cleveland owns and operates the airport.
They used to have gun buster signs on the big parking garage across from the terminal (maybe still do?), which would not be legal under current law as it is a parking lot structure owned by the City via the airport authority. I believe they may lease out the operation, which was a dodge some anti-gun cities used to implement the gun buster, when asked for a reason.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Houseofmoto wrote:Didn't see any signs.

Did have an officer knocking on my window in the cell phone lot though. Wanted to know if I drove for Uber. "No" was my reply. He was gone to bug the next instantly.

The airport construction is Hell. 20 minutes to go a 1/4 of a mile from the traffic lights to the arrival terminal area. Ugh.
Were they chasing Uber drivers out of the cell phone lot?
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Mr. Glock wrote:They used to have gun buster signs on the big parking garage across from the terminal (maybe still do?), which would not be legal under current law as it is a parking lot structure owned by the City via the airport authority.
Those are gone best I can remember. I always found those signs amusing considering that they don't post the airport itself.
Ole_grizzly
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Ole_grizzly »

There are gun buster signs on the ticket machines as you enter the parking garage. There are also gun Buster signs on the overhead walkway from the garage to the terminal.
What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too - the Repo man