Panera Bread - Westlake -No Sign

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MPBill

Panera Bread - Westlake -No Sign

Post by MPBill »

Just went by Panera Bread in Westlake to look for the "no guns allowed" sign. Nowhere to be found. Not on front door or anywhere I could see. I've always carried in this Panera, and as long as there is no sign, should I continue giving them my business?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Panera Bread - Westlake -No Sign

Post by JustaShooter »

None of the Panera Bread locations I've seen are posted. However, since they made their public statement asking us not to bring guns into their stores I decided they don't want my money either. Now, in my opinion their food isn't good enough or a good enough value to get me to consciously choose to go there in the first place, the only times I've gone there was to meet someone anyway. So, now if a friend suggests meeting there, I suggest somewhere else...

But, you of course need to make the choice for yourself. If I needed to go into one for some reason, I wouldn't hesitate to carry as long as the store isn't posted - the statement came from the Panera corporation, not the individual store / franchise owner, so unless the store is posted one can assume it is not prohibited.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Life is replete with choices. Periodically, I use the drive through at the Sunbury, Ohio Panera. I have never been to their front door and I do not anticipate ever going inside, so I have no idea if it is posted.
MPBill

Post by MPBill »

They didn't send me their rules and guidelines, so after my $50.00 gift card is used up, they'll not see my handsome face (-: any more. Thanks for the input.
e3mrk

Post by e3mrk »

I believe the Parking lot is posted.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Tweed Ring wrote:Life is replete with choices. Periodically, I use the drive through at the Sunbury, Ohio Panera. I have never been to their front door and I do not anticipate ever going inside, so I have no idea if it is posted.
Scared the crap out me....TR..didn't realize the date....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
ruger

Post by ruger »

We were at the Sandusky Panera (Perkins Twsp actually) for dinner tonight while out shopping. It was not posted. I didn't know about their "corporate request" but since the door's not posted, inside we went. Since the Mrs. likes to eat there, I guess I will continue to go....
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:Life is replete with choices. Periodically, I use the drive through at the Sunbury, Ohio Panera. I have never been to their front door and I do not anticipate ever going inside, so I have no idea if it is posted.
Scared the crap out me....TR..didn't realize the date....
It happens
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
e3mrk

Post by e3mrk »

e3mrk wrote:I believe the Parking lot is posted.
My mistake,I was thinking of the lot on the other side of Detroit Rd. The Avon Commons is not posted.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Does a generic press release satisfy ORC...? I don't believe it does... Carry on is my personal take....
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

gaptrick wrote:Does a generic press release satisfy ORC...? I don't believe it does... Carry on is my personal take....
Not hardly. In most cases police won't arrest an alleged trespasser who is not breaking any other law or obvious signage unless they have a record of the person being placed on notice ("trespassed"). Otherwise it's just too hard to prove that the person had effective notice, particularly if they aren't refusing to leave.