CPZ - Carrabba's Italian Grill

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Curzyk

CPZ - Carrabba's Italian Grill

Post by Curzyk »

I've submitted it to the OFCC Do Not Patronize While Armed database but thought I'd share it here too. Of particular interest here is that the signage included their restaurant brand, which implies to me that it is a company-wide policy. Sadly I didn't have any "No Guns = No Money" cards, and my dining companion gets upset at my willingness to deny patronage to posted places (especially since deciding on a place to eat is a challenge in itself), so I reluctantly disarmed and dined..

In a Google search, it appears that this restaurant is part of "Bloomin' Brands" which includes Outback Steakhouse. I'm pretty sure that the Outback in Dublin isn't posted, so some inconsistency may mean that the "corporate policy" may be challenged..
Brian D.

Re: CPZ - Carrabba's Italian Grill

Post by Brian D. »

I don't recall that chain ever being called out as a CPZ on this board previously. Hopefully it's not a new trend for the parent company!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
centermass

Post by centermass »

If I remember to do so, I'll check the one in Maumee.
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

Curzyk, which location did you find posted?
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

I've open carried at the outback on Bethel road so I doubt that one is posted...
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I haven't seen many Outbacks posted.

I've never seen a Carrabba's posted.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

We have both (within about a mile of each other) here in Boardman. I've never seen a sign at either one.

'Course, it's been a few weeks since I've been there....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

147Doc wrote:Curzyk, which location did you find posted?
Hilliard. The sign is directly to the right of the exterior door, "No firearms permitted on premises."
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

The one's I've been to do not request that I don't bring my firearm inside. I also don't read signs on doors very religiously. I only leave my gun in the truck if being caught with it would result in a criminal offense.
-Aaron
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

My bold:
Imcrazy wrote:The one's I've been to do not request that I don't bring my firearm inside. I also don't read signs on doors very religiously. I only leave my gun in the truck if being caught with it would result in a criminal offense.
Wouldn't this be any time you're carrying in a conspicuously posted location in Ohio? (not counting ORC 9.68 violators)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Curzyk wrote:My bold:
Imcrazy wrote:The one's I've been to do not request that I don't bring my firearm inside. I also don't read signs on doors very religiously. I only leave my gun in the truck if being caught with it would result in a criminal offense.
Wouldn't this be any time you're carrying in a conspicuously posted location in Ohio? (not counting ORC 9.68 violators)
Correct, in Ohio it is Criminal Trespass (an M4 if I recall correctly) to violate a CPZ.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

JustaShooter wrote:
Curzyk wrote:My bold:
Correct, in Ohio it is Criminal Trespass (an M4 if I recall correctly) to violate a CPZ.
Isn't it to 'knowingly' violate the CPZ and don't you have to be 'asked' to leave before it becomes an issue?
-Aaron
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

Imcrazy wrote:Isn't it to 'knowingly' violate the CPZ and don't you have to be 'asked' to leave before it becomes an issue?
"Knowingly" is a fuzzy area, but not one I'd recommend treading upon. You know places post, so a cursory glance for a posting prior to entering an establishment would be fair "due diligence" in my opinion. ORC 2923.126:
(a) Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises. Except as otherwise provided in this division, a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If a person knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature and the posted land or premises primarily was a parking lot or other parking facility, the person is not guilty of criminal trespass under section 2911.21 of the Revised Code or under any other criminal law of this state or criminal law, ordinance, or resolution of a political subdivision of this state, and instead is subject only to a civil cause of action for trespass based on the violation.
If their signage passes the "conspicuous" test, and you don't have a really good reason as to why you failed to read it, then you're likely in a heap of trouble. Saying "I don't read signs on doors or walls when entering an establishment" sounds like blatant disregard for private property rights. But hey, I'm not a lawyer. MUCH safer to hand over a "No Guns = No Money" card and do business elsewhere rather than even risking that grey area.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Carrying in a no gun zone could have it's negative conseqences....but then it might be the difference in whether you live to see another day.....better to be safe than permanently sorry :?
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

See a sign, don't Patronize and tell them why ... put THEIR money where your mouth is. Couldn't be easier.
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY