Found a non posted theater

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby 3FULLMAGS+1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:08 am

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Movies Ten in Nelsonville, just northwest of Athens on 33. http://www.moviesten.com

First run movies. $4 admission ($6 for 3D movies).

Large video and game arcade with redemption center.

Snack bar with $5 pizzas, fries, cheese sticks, onion rings, tenderloin sandwiches, etc., all of which you may take into the theaters.

Large popcorn=$3, large soft drinks=$1.50, candy=$1.50

And from my exit in Logan to all but the last 1/2 mile before the theater, Rt. 33 is 70MPH (It's 55MPH from the theater to Ohio University).

But the best part is that it's NOT posted.




If I knew any better, I'd say your "really" go'in there for the food...not to see a movie! :lol:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: S.W. corner of stark. co.

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby MyWifeSaidYes » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:35 am

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:If I knew any better, I'd say your "really" go'in there for the food...not to see a movie! :lol:


They DO have a tasty double sausage pizza.

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
User avatar
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 5443
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby join or die » Sun May 08, 2016 1:15 pm

Atlas Cinemas in Elyria is not posted.
The government, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't have the right to tell me what i need or don't need.
User avatar
join or die
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:44 am
Location: Lorain County

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby Buckeyedoc » Fri May 20, 2016 3:24 pm

Colony 7 Cinemas here in Lebanon is not posted. In fact, the manager was carrying the other day IWB. It's nice to see someone else thinking about his patron's safety. All movies are $5 and they have THE BEST movie popcorn ever.
User avatar
Buckeyedoc
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:20 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby Brian D. » Fri May 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Eastgate Brew and View out east of Cincinnati, right next to Jungle Jim's. (JJ bought the cinema and revamped it into the dining/drinking-while-watching-the-flick format.)Was out there for an event at the store last week and had some time to kill, they showed me one of the theatres not in use at that time. Pretty nice, actually.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 15318
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby ArmedPatriots » Tue May 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Curzyk wrote:My local theater of choice, if/when I choose to go to one is Marcus Cinemas (North Columbus). They have the giant IMAX screens, stadium seating, and aren't posted.

Edited to add: And I typically buy a large soda to promote their continued existence since it carries a large profit margin for them.

Marcus is great. We saw CA Civil War and are going to see the new Xmen this week or next.
The Crosswoods location is the best cinema Ive been to yet.
Isnt it ironic that the anti gun agenda response to defenseless people being murdered is to try to make them even more defenseless...
User avatar
ArmedPatriots
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby Buckeyedoc » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:46 pm

We took the kids to Dixie Twin drive-in for the double feature. Anyway, I'm carrying as usual. I take 2 of our boys to the concession stand and lo and behold, there's the manager open carrying a Glock. It was nice to see others carrying. I know it's not a standard movie theater, but you can carry there.
User avatar
Buckeyedoc
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:20 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:29 pm

Buckeyedoc wrote:We took the kids to Dixie Twin drive-in for the double feature. Anyway, I'm carrying as usual. I take 2 of our boys to the concession stand and lo and behold, there's the manager open carrying a Glock. It was nice to see others carrying. I know it's not a standard movie theater, but you can carry there.


Buckeyedoc, Are you referring to the Dixie Drive In on Dixie Dr. in Harrison Twp.? If you are, I didn't know they called it the Dixie Twin drive-in. Haven't been there in years but may go now since I can carry.

Thanks
Ray
Me and my
XD-9
Taurus 38
PT638 Pro-380
P-22
Sig 9 for wife
NRA Member
User avatar
Ray
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:16 pm
Location: Clark Co., Ohio

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby Buckeyedoc » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:02 pm

Ray wrote:
Buckeyedoc wrote:We took the kids to Dixie Twin drive-in for the double feature. Anyway, I'm carrying as usual. I take 2 of our boys to the concession stand and lo and behold, there's the manager open carrying a Glock. It was nice to see others carrying. I know it's not a standard movie theater, but you can carry there.


Buckeyedoc, Are you referring to the Dixie Drive In on Dixie Dr. in Harrison Twp.? If you are, I didn't know they called it the Dixie Twin drive-in. Haven't been there in years but may go now since I can carry.

Thanks
Ray


That's the one. Wasn't very crowded Tuesday night.
User avatar
Buckeyedoc
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:20 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby docachna » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm

A bit OT, but last week on vacation in NE Georgia - went to a movie theatre on a Wednesday night (last week of school in GA!) - grand total of 4 people in the section we were in.

And no GB signs.

Life was good !!!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
docachna
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Mount Juliet TN

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby Buckeyedoc » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:27 am

docachna wrote:A bit OT, but last week on vacation in NE Georgia - went to a movie theatre on a Wednesday night (last week of school in GA!) - grand total of 4 people in the section we were in.

And no GB signs.

Life was good !!!!


That's what's nice about Colony 7 Cinemas here in Lebanon. Most times, there's only a handful of people there. All first-run movies and the best popcorn around. Movies are only $5.
User avatar
Buckeyedoc
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:20 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby BadCrosshairDay » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Curzyk wrote:My local theater of choice, if/when I choose to go to one is Marcus Cinemas (North Columbus). They have the giant IMAX screens, stadium seating, and aren't posted.

Edited to add: And I typically buy a large soda to promote their continued existence since it carries a large profit margin for them.


This is the first and only theater I've been to in Ohio, so I came to the conclusion that none of them were posted around here. I guess I was wrong.

It is the nicest theater I've ever been to, and the cheapest, so I did not have any inclination to try elsewhere. Now there's one more reason to stick to it.
User avatar
BadCrosshairDay
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby ArmedPatriots » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:38 pm

BobK wrote:
Ray81 wrote:Theatres are one place all CCW holders should carry concealed regardless of the signage.

The Forum Terms of Service, Rules, and Regulations state in part:

TOS wrote:• Messages exhorting others to commit illegal acts or describing illegal acts you’ve committed or intend to commit are expressly forbidden.


Ray81 wrote:It will only be a civil violation in Ohio, not a criminal one as far as I know.

That is not accurate. Armed trespass of a posted business is a criminal misdemeanor in Ohio.

Is it a misdemeanor?
Ive been thinking low level felony trespass all this time
Isnt it ironic that the anti gun agenda response to defenseless people being murdered is to try to make them even more defenseless...
User avatar
ArmedPatriots
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby JustaShooter » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:54 pm

ArmedPatriots wrote:
BobK wrote:
Ray81 wrote:Theatres are one place all CCW holders should carry concealed regardless of the signage.

The Forum Terms of Service, Rules, and Regulations state in part:

TOS wrote:• Messages exhorting others to commit illegal acts or describing illegal acts you’ve committed or intend to commit are expressly forbidden.


Ray81 wrote:It will only be a civil violation in Ohio, not a criminal one as far as I know.

That is not accurate. Armed trespass of a posted business is a criminal misdemeanor in Ohio.

Is it a misdemeanor?
Ive been thinking low level felony trespass all this time


It is an M4:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.126 (C) (3) (a)

(a) Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises. Except as otherwise provided in this division, a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
User avatar
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 5174
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Akron/Canton Area

Re: Found a non posted theater

Postby pk47 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:38 pm

dl1911 wrote:
jeepdeep wrote:Anyone know of a non posted theater in the West / South/West burbs of CLE?

I understand that Hickory Ridge in Brunswick on 303 is not posted. Also, friends were recently at the Valley View cinema and said they didn't see any signs.


VV is posted. No slashed circle sign, but by words in their listing of prohibited things/behavior :(
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:36 pm
Location: NE Ohio

Previous

Return to Criminal Protection Zones (CPZs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests